A Creative {heart} Journey

I've been reading so much lately about starting a creative business, all due to the brilliant mind of Kelly Rae Roberts and this e-course I started at the beginning of the month. I am not sure what my goals are yet (and that's a big thing I have to figure out). But her words are so inspiring, that I find myself reading her daily class notes over and over, dreaming of living a creative life.

It's funny how, when you throw yourself into a creative journey, you begin to notice things a little differently. You look at the ordinary moments in life and pull out something different from them. Kelly Rae has always looked for {hearts} in her surroundings and she often encourages others to do the same. However I have never played along in this "search for hearts" game, as my mind is usually focused on so many other things that I forget to STOP and take the little moments in. As a result of this creative journey I am on, though, I'm noticing things I wouldn't have otherwise noticed.

Like last week, when PG and I took the girls to Potbelly for lunch. As Katie ate her PB&J sandwich, I looked down at our table and saw it . . .

A {jelly} heart.

We didn't have our camera with us, only PG's phone (so this was the best shot we could get.)

I looked at that heart for a long time. The simplicity of it and how it fell into that perfect position from Katie's sandwich . . . it was really . . . beautiful. I realized at that moment that even in my search for a creative life, I am surrounded by love. And that was a pretty great realization.

So, my challenge for you this week is to look around for the symbols of love in your every day life. You may be surprised where they turn up. If you find any, I'd love to know! Take a picture, blog about it, spread the love. You'll be glad you did!

Comments

  1. Can't believe that the picture is from a camera phone -- it really is a great quality shot!

    We are so on the same page about finding creativity in daily life -- I decided to tote my camera around and snapped a darling pic of a real life Bambi. How lucky?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of "butterfly" experience...looking for butterflies, even in the winter...you'll find them when you open your eyes!!

    Glad you're enjoying Kelly Rae's class! Can't wait to hear more!

    And your blogger header...hmmmm...makes me wonder what you've been up to with all that good coffee being consumed AND the Godiva chocolate half gone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is that? Actually the pic turned out nice.

    As for surrounding myself in the creative and love - life long journey for certain.

    PS - Who in the world does your pics at the top of the page?? Is this something you create. It's fabulous! I noticed this time- the multiple coffee drinks..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know about your header - Hmmm.. you really should do this (more often/professionally).
    I would PAY you to personalize my blog. Seriously. HELP! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cool!!! I think it's great you took a picture of this. My head would have been down on the table licking it up in two seconds. (Must. Learn. Self. Control.)

    Go on that creative journey, baby! It's the best journey there is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Leanne, I'm from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party and chose your blog to visit. Friday was my birthday and we were celebrating yesterday (I believe in extending birthdays indefinitely), so I had lots of symbols of love. But why deprive myself -- you're right that I should look for symbols of love all year long. Thanks for your suggestion, and I'm adding your blog to my blogroll. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the jelly heart! I took a picture and posted it of a rose petal that I walked by in the grass that was shaped like a heart. It's my screen saver now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up on everything i've missed over the last week. LOVE this ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!