Setting Me Straight

I was so inspired by a recent post my blogfriend Angie from “Treasures” did last week about **BIG**COOL** rings . . . did you see it? (click here if you missed it.) Aside from the fact that she is a random thinking expert (like me), I absolutely LOVE how Angie always shares her wonderful “Treasures” with us!! She is so creative and I feel like I found a TREASURE when I found her blog! :) Smile, Angie!! I'm talking about YOU!!! tee hee!!! Anyway, I loved her new rings post because a few weeks ago, I, too, purchased a big ring. I thought, “I can pull it off! I love it! I have to have it! It will be my summer treat. My new “thing.” It will make me oh-so cool and stylish." Right? (hmmmm . . . the vote is still out on that one!)

Since I like to share (almost) everything with you, my dearest blog friends, I asked PG to take a few pictures of the ring for me. Here is the first picture he took . . .

“Oh, gees, honey . . .” I said, “My hands look terrible from that angle. Move the camera here and take another shot, would you?” The dear man obliged . . .

“Holy Cow, honey…” I said, again, “they still look horrific from that angle. Move the camera to there.” (Yes, I have some nerve, don’t I?) And, he did . . .

“Man . . . that’s awful!” I said, insisting that he try another shot. Because, afterall, the ANGLE was just not right. “Honey . . . um . . . I hate to tell you this,” he said . . . ever so cautiously, “I don’t think the ANGLE really matters. [pause pause] I think that’s . . . just . . . how your hand looks.”

Yes, he did. My man. He set me straight. And I love him for it.

And he loves me, no matter what angle I'm at.

; )

p.s. Hey, Angie - now I TOTALLY GET why you wouldn't take a picture wearing the rings. Someday we'll have to compare hands!

Comments

  1. Beautiful ring AND beautiful hand too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Leanne!!!!!! You crack me up!!! The ring looks fab! I LOVE it!! This post did make me smile and my family thinks i'm a rock star now (cause of course I can't read anything without someone over my shoulder) Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhhhh!!!! Love the ring!!! I must head over to Angie's place to read more!! And you wanna get into some kind of contest on hands!! Don't make me show you up with my "gramma hands".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love that ring! And the photos - you crack me up, 'cuz I know what you mean! (about me, not you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ring! Perhaps get some pics with the ring on holding a cosmo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you need to host a give away...with THAT ring as the prize. Then you need to rig the competition so that I WIN!! m'kay?!

    That is gorgeous. I do love big rings. I buy them but then don't wear them.

    But..I still love em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! just came over cuz our friend ANGIE said some super cool things 'bout ya...I LOVE your new ring...and I love your posts'...I love a good laugh so early in the mornin :D I wanna meet a Mr Wonka too... my fav is dark chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ring! Love that color, and your description of taking those photos, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here! Came over from angie's site. glad to meet anyone she feels is a good person to know! i trust her judgment completely! also, that ring is fab and hands never look good in pics, i try and avoid having my hands show as well. eek, every little wrinkle and blotchy spot shows up! ugh! can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That ring is HEAVEN!! And that happens to be one of my very fave colors and that circle and the beads...I could go on and on...

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Leanne! Popping over from kelly's course.....Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Leanne, you are too funny! You make me laugh outloud at work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photos look great! That ring is fabulous! Hands and feet are hard to photograph because they get so much use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!