Love from a happy "almost" 7 year old

This week, our Katie Girl is turning 7... Wow.

I can't believe that this baby

was once this little girl,

who has, before my very eyes, turned into this big girl. 

This weekend, as we enjoyed some special snuggle time on the couch, I asked her to stop getting older. I did. And I meant it. Because if I could have stopped the clock and hugged her forever, I might have just done that. "Honey, would you please stay just the way you are ... just for a little while?" I asked her. "I can't," she answered,"I am going to get older, Mom." 

I bent down and kissed the top of her head, just as I have done so many times during the past 7 years, and I thanked God for sending me this beautiful little girl.

"What am I going to do when you are old enough to have a house of your own?" I asked her. "Oh, don't worry, Mom," she said, "I will always love you." And with that, she leaned up and kissed me, just as she has done so many times the past 7 years. What more could I ask for?

Yes. Life is good. Again.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful moment with your daughter! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your beautiful girl! They'll grow but they will always be our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, life is good. And could it ever get better than when they say, "I will ALWAYS love you"??

    Happy Birthday, KJ!!! Just remember that no matter how old you get to be, you'll always be Mommy's little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is good...I used that in my post today, too! Great minds and all, right?!

    I love the picture progression...just proves to me how fast time flies. It's so bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh..... Loved hearing about this Leanne! I just got back from celebrating with my son. I can only kiss the top of his head if he is sitting down now!

    Life is good (and swift too!)

    --BB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Katie dear!! What a beautiful girl you are!!!

    I miss my Em at this age but at 13 there are some magical moments {a bit harder to come by...she is Miss Independent now!!}.

    Enjoy your girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boy just turned 9...and I have to stop myself and remember he is growing up...Did you see Toy Story 3 - it wasn't my favorite movie but I was in tears at the end.

    Happy Birthday to your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you know how much I understand the want for them to stay little, at least for a while longer!!! Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, what a sweetie! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO sweet. I always say I wish I could freeze them. My 11-year-old daughter says she always wants to live with us, she says the farthest she will go is next door. If only that would stay that way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!