What would the fly on YOUR wall hear?

Do you ever imagine what it's like to be a fly? Ok, maybe that's a little too weird of a subject to break into. Maybe there is a better way to bring this up. Let's try it this way - with . . . a story.

Most of my work day today was spent at a clients office - in a cubicle - researching information off of an imaging system. It was a quiet day. Focused and quiet. And you know - "quiet" isn't really me. However, it was a lovely way to spend the my first day back to work following some crazy healing days off.

While I was focused (and quiet) in my work mind, every once in a while I would overhear these conversations that would leave me quietly laughing to myself. A big topic of conversation today was that Jimmy John's (a local sandwich shop here in Chicago) was offering $1 sub sandwiches from 11AM to 3PM. And let me tell you - you might not think that a $1 sub would provide that much stimulation to the brain waves, but today . . . it was! Detailed discussions took place, and plans were arranged, for the pick-up of these $1 sandwiches. Will there be enough for the crowds? Will they make the sandwiches without mayo, if you don't want it with mayo? How long will the lines be? I actually heard someone say, "I'll just DIE if I don't get my $1 sandwich!"

I started thinking about all of the things that are said within the walls of my own home, and how funny (or ... not) it would be for someone to overhear some of the things that come out of my very mouth. For instance, there was that one time I needed some quiet when I locked myself in my master bathroom and I found myself screaming, "Let Me Poop in Peace!!!" (yes, I know. tacky. But . . . honest.) Then there was the conversation that Katie had with me last night at the dinner table when she said, "Mom, do you like Kevin?" (our neighbor and the husband of my dear friend). I answered, "Yes, of course. Kevin is a great guy." And Katie said, "No, I mean do you LIKE like Kevin. Like a boyfriend? It's ok, Mom. You can tell me." (SERIOUSLY). After I answered, "Ummmm... No, honey. Mommy only has 1 boyfriend, and that is Daddy," Ella chimed in and said, "Eeewwwwww! Daddy's your BOYFRIEND?!?!" Yes, I think a fly on our wall would have been VERY entertained during that conversation.

So today, I'm wondering what fun conversations a fly might hear on YOUR wall? I'd love to know! And the next time you see one of those little flying friends, take a moment and share a story with them. You never know - you might just make their day! ; )

Comments

  1. My family will think I've officially flown over the cuck-koo's nest if they catch me telling a fly a story. But, for you, I'll do it.

    Btw, I love the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok just laughed so loud Mr. Treasures came in to see what I was reading!!! Man if there were a fly on my wall hmmmm I think it would be VERY easy to misinterpret our humor!! I should probably start closing our windows more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let me poop in peace!" I love it!! This is actually scary because all 3 of us talk to ourselves on a regular basis. We we would all be declared officialy mental! My son loves Jeopardy (I know we're total geeks) and he records it religiously. A few days ago he found out the show was pre-emted due to coverage of something a bit more dire..you know, the oil spill. My usually softspoken and conscientous teen suddenly let out a growl and yelled 'I can't believe they're cancelling Jeopardy for an oil spill!!' I had to laugh and I'm sure the neighbors thought there's just something not right with our family. Of course I carry on conversations with my cat all day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG i just about peed my pants! I'm sure there are some doosies in this house! lol
    I am very new to your blog but am loving it - i think every one of your posts has given me a good laugh and i'm not a quiet person... hmm wonder what the fly on the wall would think about all of us bloggers??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, let me get this straight: Not everyone talks to the flies on their walls. Weird... Great post! ($1.00 sandwiches? Really?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!