A Crafty Project!!

One of the little things I had to do for Katie, when we first put up a "park" for her in the backyard, was a make a sign declaring it what it was . . . "Katie's Park". While the little swing and slide play yard might not have been the biggest or best on the block, it was SO special to her because it clearly WAS hers. All hers. Here's a little photo of "Katie's Park", circa 2006:


Today, the park is still the same, only the baby swing has been replaced with rings, and there are a few coats of stain on the wood. It is one of the best investments we've made in our backyard, and the kids still play on it daily.

While it has taken me a few years to re-do the sign, this weekend we proudly changed it to "Katie & Ella's Park". Here are a few photos from the project before, during and after. . .

It starts with a simple piece of wood . . .


and some paint . . .


add a couple of beautiful names, and a flower or two . . .


 do the same on the back side . . . 


and you have two happy little girls who feel so very very special!

We are enjoying some wonderful days outside this weekend. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, too! Go find a park and play a little . . . you'll be so glad you did!

I shared this post with Holly over at 504 Main, as part of her Friday "Tickled Pink" festivities! Do you know Holly or 504 Main? Take a look at her blog for more info . . . she's a clever one!!!!

504 Main

Comments

  1. WOW! I am impressed. You have quite an artistic edge! Very crafty! Love it. This swing set/playground is a very sweet and special place. Your girls are going to have such fond memories of their childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gotta tell ya...this is soooo cool! Leanne, you are Miss Crafty Queen aren't you? Your two sweet girls must adore this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sign!!! We've had a play set for the kids since we moved to the new house- 3 years now and I still haven't put up a sign or flower boxes for the windows!?! Maybe I'll tackle it before Ramey has outgrown it?? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just completley sweet and tickles me pink! You did a wonderful job on that sweet sign. We (my son and I) made a "Joe's Butterfly Garden" sign at our old house when he was 3ish and it now hangs in our backyard here too...5+ years later. Sweet memories! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just the cutest sign ever!!! Now, will you make me one? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!