Hmmmm . . . Adventure? Anyone?

Ok, I have a problem. I think I upset PG yesterday. Yep, on Father's Day of all days.

(Ok, not really. But close.)

Because, as we were driving home from my in-laws (remember? The most magical place on earth?) I came to a realization that kind of upset PG.

What was this realization, you ask?

I, lady of adventure and happy chaos and lover of life and experiences, really really really hates the heat.

I do.

I hate it. It makes me cranky. I don't like being cranky.

Once my crevices start a'sweatin' and my hair starts a'frizzin', that's when I call on the almighty air-conditioning Gods to come and do their things. You see, I am a firm believer that crevices just shouldn't . . . sweat. Seriously. And yesterday, it was a hot one.

So as we drove back from the in-laws, PG started talking about what adventures we want to take the kids on this year. . . and he mentioned the possibility of heading back to Wisconsin for their State Fair in August. We went last year (if you remember) and it was a lovely time. But ... it was hot there. Really hot. See . . .

I mean, that was pretty hot. I was pretty warm (and don't you just love the glasses? The one on my nose AND the one on my head?) Yes, I don't like the heat.

But, not ALL heat. I mean, I can handle heat when I am here . . .

(Jamaica 2004, pool side) Or even here . . . .
(same trip) Just NOT here . . .

So, we have to come up with something.

I blame my Dad (isn't that AWFUL? The day after Father's Day and I'm blaming my DAD?!?) If you don't remember, my Dad was a butcher. Well, because of that (and because he worked in a cooler everyday), we were one of the first homes with central air conditioning on our block when I was young. CENTRAL AIR. Ahhhhh, just the sound of it is lovely, isn't it?

So, when it was warm out, like, 75 ; ), Dad would put the air on. He had to (he would get sick in the really hot heat. So, I grew up . . . spoiled.

Heat makes me cranky. Sweaty crevices make me cranky.

SO, maybe I'll have to figure out a way to get here . . .


I mean, I'm ALWAYS up for an adventure!!
; )

Comments

  1. Hummmmm....I

    I am thinking you might have a medical condition that requires you to spend a week in the special healing temperatures of Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in!! When do we leave??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, first, we (us gals) do not sweat -- we glisten. Ok, yeah, we sweat and so do our crevices. Not good. Better get used to the heat and humidity, 'cause we still have a good three months of this to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. Beaches are always my first choice! And Ocho Rios, Jamaica, is my all-time favorite cruise stop. I adore climbing the falls and then heading to Margaritaville to sit, toes in the sand and fruity drink in hand. It's impossible to be cranky in that situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking you've got something of a good book title going here, LW!! The Cranksville Sweating Crevices! Yeah, I'm liking the sound of that!! Tell you what...if you decide to use that as the title of your book, it's all yours!!
    Glisteningly yours,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Leanne. I LOATHE the heat. I'm barely getting used to the heat after being here 10 years. I get headaches and actually get depressed if it stays hot too long. It's been cooler than usual so I'm still a happy Petunia but the heat is coming. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honey...we must be sisters! I HATE the Heat. Nothing puts me in a bad mood faster the being hot.
    And my husband moved here to the rainy state from VA and he hates the rain and wants to move to somewhere warm....Hope he has fun cause I'm not going anywhere.
    Oh it is a lovly 65 and sunny here...so far the coldest wetest spring ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. I. Am. About. To. Laugh. HOT? It can't possibly get that hot north of the mason dixon line?? LOL Today was 99 with a heat index of 107 and humidity at one trillion %. hahahaha... You are killing me..

    However, heat (real heat **scratching of throat**) makes me super cranky also. Yes, crevices should not sweat. I agree. Yucky!

    All joking aside.. stay cool, and yeah - beach breeze makes all of the sun so much better (heck, we are 1/2 dressed during moments like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny, Leanne! That pic of you could have so easy been me!! I don't do well in heat, either:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!