Note to Self: Don't quit your day job!

Part of my 2010 TaDa List was to improve my photography skills - not only in the actual picture taking department, but in the whole photoshop (and doing fun things with the pictures) department as well. I feel as if I have been lagging behind in that whole creative venture. So last night was the night. I sat at the computer for what seemed like hours and worked in photoshop, trying to make something creative from this shot . . .


I do think the photo above is a lovely, but it's pretty much the subject that makes it so. These are some absolutely beautiful hydrangea's that my mother-in-law gave me from her garden. They really are as beautiful as they look. But I had a vision to do something more with the picture. So, here is my attempt at layers, texture, and Adobe photoshop . . .



I have to tell you - I kind of like it. I am not a computer guru. I haven't taken a class or been schooled, at all, on this stuff (which, by the way, had me thinking that I really should pick up Photoshop for Dummies!) Working on this was really frustrating, yet so rewarding when it started to actually look like the vision in my head. I was completely out of my comfort zone, but decided that it really is something I want to learn more about. I love taking a photograph and turning it into even more. 

Be on the lookout for more photo creations. I may need your help and feed back as I focus a little bit on this next creative adventure of mine. In honor of my new found interest in photography, a quote . . .

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” - Elliott Erwitt

and, a question . . . Have you done something lately that has taken you out of your comfort zone? Have you done something that you never thought you would, but always wanted to? Please share . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. What gorgeous flowers!! I really love what you did in photoshop. I have photoshop but I can't do anything on it. It intimidates me so much!!! I love how you are stretching yourself, Leanne. It is so fun!!!

    For me creating my angel collage...I mean actually painting and drawing and then sharing on my blog was a HUGE deal for me!!!

    Have a FUN Wednesday my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how it turned out!!! I really need to spend some time doing the same thing!! As for something out of my comfort zone.... nothing yet! Guess I should get on that shouldn't I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AMAZING!!! I LOVE my button so very much!!! Just seeing it on your blog makes my heart so happy!! You are the SWEETEST!!!:)

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I would never think to do that. I'm just learning how to watermark and I forget to do that. Lovely keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do really love it! You got talent girl. I could never do that.
    Something that is taking me out of my comfort zone, is I have been asked to lead a home bible study, its something I've wanted to do...Don't tell anyone but I have a crazy dream about being a womans speeker but I didn't go to college so its crazy I know (shhhhh....) So leading this group is awesome and freaky at the same time. Just the fact that someone saw something in me that the church asked me to do it makes me feel wonderful. :) Love your blog...I'm adding you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Leanne!! Love what you've done with the peonies!! Yep, you can count on honest feedback from me on your creative ventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your photos are BEAUTIFUL! I still wouldn't quit your day job, but that's just because I'm a workaholic :)

    My post for Mom Sexy Prom 2010 is up! Come to the prom with me: http://lambaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, simply lovely! Let's see what else we can get you hooked on....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! After reading your comment about wishes, I hopped on over here to see what you write about...you had me at the hydrangea's. I can't wait to read some more. Thanks for finding me here in le blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, did I really say PEONIES? I MEANT hydrangeas... what was I thinking?? Would you believe I woke up at 4:30 with this picture on my brain, and wondered why you thought they were peonies when clearly they were hydrageas???? Seriously!! Other than my delusional comment above, the same is true for everything else I said. Love what you've done with your PS venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear PK... YOU are not delusional... it is only I!!! For blog friend Cambria above clearly knew they were hydrangeas...and only after her comment did I correct my post! (Aren't I bad?) SO, you knew what they were, but I didn't!!! Shows how much I don't know about these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, the first pic was beautiful as-is, but the second picture was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!