Me & Julia

Did I tell you that when PG and I were visiting Washington DC last month, I visited Julia Child's KITCHEN?  Yes, I sure did. . .

I've written many times before about how much I love the movie Julie & Julia. It was a dream come true to actually see Julia's kitchen! And it was as perfect as I imagined - so wonderful! I just love how very very practical it was. Everything in its place. Everything has a purpose, and is placed specifically with purpose behind it. How smart. I think she was the original kitchen organizer, don't you think?

As I stood there in the Smithsonian, looking through the glass into this kitchen, I started to imagine what it would have been like to witness Julia herself cooking there. I imagine her moving like a great conductor would during a symphony. I imagine sitting right there, at the table, and watching her cook. How amazing that would have been.

I wonder . . .

If you could imagine yourself sitting in anyones kitchen and watching them cook, who would you choose?

-and- 

If you could have dinner with one person (past or present), who would it be?

Leave me a comment with your answer . . . I would love to know! Or, if you are in need of a blog post subject for today - write about it. Refer us to your blog post in the comments!!! My answers: Julia Child, and I'd have to say if I could have dinner with one person, I would choose Queen Elizabeth I (1533-1603).

Comments

  1. I went to see Julia's kitchen when the exhibit first opened; my son indulged me, since I'd let him meander around the Air & Space museum for hours and hours ... this was MY turn! I just stood there in awe, remembering all the shows I'd watched and how much Julia gave to all of us. Truly a remarkable experience!

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! I thought of you yesterday...I read that the new Cooking Channel that just got underway is going to be playing reruns of the old Julia Child's show!!! I am not sure what time but I am so watching this one!!!:)

    I think I'll write a post and link back to you, Leanne. Thanks for the inspiration this morning!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just posted my story and put up your link:)

    This was so fun to do...thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Ugh that kitchen is great! So much stuff..yet soo simple and understated...like everything has a use. For both questions...my hubbies late grandmother, She has so many wonderful recipes, that I remember...and oh, it would be great to laugh with her while we stuff our faces with goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, been there too - was awesome! I would love to have watched Julia, or be in Jamie's Kitchen, or just about anyone who is a chef and loves to work with food. And yes, Elizabeth I would have been quite the dinner companion! I could just talk about food all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be in my maternal grandmother's kitchen (I never knew her but she had a bazillion kids) watching her cook for those bazillion kids, and I'd love to then sit and have dinner with her (WITHOUT the bazillion kids). Just to get into her head...just to know what she was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'd go into Rachael Ray or Sandra Lee's kitchens for sure.

    As for dinner with anybody...that's hard. I'll have to think on that one :)

    LOVE your pictures by they way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I would love to sit in Gram's kitchen (her kitchen on 45th & California). I believe she had an kitchen table with olive-green vinyl chairs. Then there was the kitty cat clock, with rhinestones and a tail that swayed like a pendulum. Yup, that is where I'd be. I'd probably like to have dinner with her too... just one more time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!