Down and Out - but NOT in Beverly Hills


Ok, friends, I'm down for the count . . .

I totally did something to my lower back yesterday morning. What was I doing? you ask . . . well, I was doing the very strenuous and often physically challenging task of . . . standing up from the couch.
Seriously.

Standing up . . . from the couch.

I've been in lots of pain since "it" happened. I'm avoiding the ER at all costs and spent the evening sitting up with a heating pad behind me. It's my lower back (which has always been sort of sensitive). I'm thinking it's just a pulled muscle, because I am able to move and bend my knees up to my chest and stretch things out. When I'm standing - I'm fine. When I'm sitting - I'm fine. When I try to stand up from a sitting position - now that's where the trouble comes in. Let's just say I'm using the ol' "I dropped something" line a few times the past 24 hours, when I could NOT get myself to a standing position.

So, I think I'm going to be exitus from blogland for a few days. If relief doesn't come soon, I fear a visit to my doc Monday morning will be in order. I'm a little anxiey ridden, as PG is out of town for business Tuesday through Friday this week. But, remember, I have an army of support that I will probably be leaning a great deal on.

Do me a favor, if you don't mind, and keep thinking, "pulled muscle, pulled muscle, pulled muscle" for me. I'm praying that it isn't anything more serious than that.

So, until I'm back to my witty blog writing self ; ), I bid you all adieu! I'm thinking of you and send wonderful wishes for a fantastic few days!! BUMMER! I had some fun posts planned. But right now, the only I'm thinking about is . . . pulled muscle, pulled muscle, pulled muscle.

Sending you Peace, Ibuprofen & Happiness!!
(image from google image search of "back pain" - can't remember where I found it! But I appreciate whoever came up with it!)

Comments

  1. In my best southern drawl - "Bless your heart." Take it easy! Will miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself. I know all too well the pain that comes from out of whack backs and necks and muscle pain.

    You rest and we will be back when you are better!!

    Sending you a cyber hug and help and love!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leanne....okay I'm thinking pulled muscle, pulled muscle. I pulled a muscle in my neck after falling asleep on the couch once. Had to go and get a cortesone shot cos it HURT lots. You even came by and left me a sweet comment! Hope you feel better soon. I just posted another piece and I hope she sends you good healing hugs ASAP! Take care dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try a cold pack on your back, too. And think...CORE...pull your tummy tight when you are getting up and sitting down. Keep your core strong. No pain shooting down your legs, right? Healthy thoughts, coming your way!!!! Heal fast...time for a gong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Leanne! I hope you read this soon, but only until your back feels better! Back pain must be awful! Sorry to hear. I'll recite the "pulled muscle" mantra for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon!!! Nothing worse than being in pain!! Ever thought of chiropractic care? I know sometimes people are either open to it or not but I'll tell you, It IS fantastic!! If you want to know more email me. I'll tell you a story about Lil' Man that will have you believing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's just a crazy little thing that sets things off. Ugh.

    I hope your "pulled muscle" feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...the same thing happened to me last week. I went to the doctor and she diagnosed it as sacrililiac joint disfunction. In layman's terms...back is outa wack. I'm on pain killers but I have to go on a trip for a week. Doc said a chiropractor can help with an "adjustment". Good luck to you. Hope you feel better soon. One word: Vicodin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pulled muscle, pulled muscle, pulled muscle!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found you through Angie's blog and had see what all the fuss was about. I am already in love with your blog - anybody who can make me laugh so loudly is a keeper. I am officially going to be a follower and read some more. I hope you are feeling better very soon Pulled muscle Pulled muscle Pulled muscle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - it's a pulled muscle! Either that, or Ella put a pea under your side of the bed, princess! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!