My Creative Juices are Flowing!!!

When I was 16 years old, I had a job working weekends and holidays as an Admitting Clerk for a southside Chicago hospital. It was a great job for a 16 year old to have and it really helped me in building some great morals and a strong foundation for the work force. I am very blessed for the lessons I learned at that job. And believe me, I was constantly learning.

My Mom was the Business Office supervisor of this same hospital (yes, that was my "in"). Mom was very well respected, and there were very high expectations put on me to do my job well because I was "Carol's daughter". I worked with a great group of ladies who were ALL my "Mom". There were about 8 women in the Admitting Department alone, plus an additional 25 to 30 women at the Business Office, and they ALL looked after me. I was educated on the fine art of registration and insurance verification, and then moved on to learn the ins and outs of the "Bed Board" (the actual board that displayed every room in the hospital, and who was coming, going, or in each room.) Yes, I was given wonderful opportunities while there and I moved on and up to a number of different positions during my employment. But, like any artist, I was not satisfied. It did not fill my creative void, so I left many years ago. I never looked back, but I will never forget the sisterhood of the women in the Admitting and Business Offices. They were a pretty special bunch of ladies, and I owe a great deal to them.

One of the women I worked closely with was a strong willed, hot tempered Lithuanian named Jovita. I loved working with Jovita. She was proud of her job, and so very supportive of me during our time working together. She knew that I was an Artist, and that my life long goal was not to play the role of Master of the Bed Board, and she supported my dreams so very often. 

Our office had a small bulletin board on that wall that Jovita and I, together, would decorate the beginning of each month. That day was always the BEST day at work because I was able to be CREATIVE. Each time we would start the project, Jovita would say, "Well, Leanne, are your creative juices flowing? What should we do this month?" and off I would go explaining this vision or that vision I came up with for that months board. Whatever I wanted to do, Jovita approved. She let me create freely and openly, and I will never forget that. She took a chance on me, and I owe so much to her.

This week, I've been fortunate to have a couple more people "take a chance" on me. And I am thrilled. You see, I've been CREATING!!! and it is so rewarding. I am spreading my wings . . . all thanks to the encouragement I am receiving from this amazing e-course. I am believing in myself, trying new things, sleeping very little (which is probably the only downside), but I'm awake because I am INSPIRED to CREATE. I feel . . . . empowered. Really.

So, I have been given the opportunity to create some blog headers & buttons for a few blog friends. SERIOUSLY. I mean, who would have thought, huh? Do you know that line from the movie "If you build it, they will come"? Well, I really believe in that ... if you put it out there, the universe will return it. If you put positive energy out there, the universe will return it in some form or another.

So, about a month ago, I added a little tab in my labels above that says "Blog Design", and low and behold, some wonderful people contacted me!!! HOLY COW!!!  I've been so excited, I wanted to share the designs with you (click on the "buttons" to link to their actual blogs). So, without further ado, I give you . . .



 











Can I tell you how cool it is to look at these blogs and see my work? My ideas? My designs? It's cool. It's really really cool. I think Jovita would be SO proud of me, and I'd gladly tell her, "Jo - my creative juices were flowing!!!"

So, that's what I've been doing this week . . . how about you? Anything exciting going on with you?

Oh, and 1 more thing . . . if you (or someone you know) is interested in what I'm doing and would like me to design a header or button, please leave a comment below or email me at chaostohappiness@gmail.com. I hope to get more info up on the "blog design" tab soon, but until then - feel free to email me. I think this might be the start of something really wonderful. . . and I'd love to have you along for the ride.

Have a great Saturday!!!

Comments

  1. Stopping in from LBS tea party.

    What a fantastic blog you have here. I read this post and had to leave a comment, but it won't be a long one because I want to read the post below. I will definitely be back. And congratulations on your blog designs! I can feel your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsie, wowsie Leanne, I can see your creative jucies are flowing!

    How exciting and nice work I'm just sure Jovita would be most proud!

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! You're so incredibly talented!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Leanne what a wonderful story you shared with us! I loved it...especially the part about being awake. I, too have been awake since Kelly's class. I am stretching myself and really thinking about what it is I want.

    I am soooo very thankful for MY blog header and button you made for Words of Me Project!! It just tickles me every time I go to my blog!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is it I get to see your awesome work on my blog every day!! My family and friends thinks my new header rocks, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leanne -
    CUTE stuff!!! Wow - you've really got a talent there. Did you draw these out prior to generating them on the computer? Very creative!
    And girl, thanks for the kind words over at my place!
    Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats...it is always fun to find new ways to get your creative juices flowing. I need to find less ways right at this very moment. You did a FAB job on these banners and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! You are rocking here...and I know why - because you are awesome! I will definitely give you a shout out on my blog in case any of my readers are looking for someone to help them with design/buttons :)

    I'm off to check out your friend Cindi's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great! I wish I knew this a month ago! I was going crazy with my header. Not the creative type like you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT YOU TO DESIGN SOMETHING FOR ME! (was I yelling loud enough??)

    Sign me up! My email is - nicole.abdou@heart.org

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always proud of you, I already know how creative you are and believe you have always shown it in so many areas of your life - I'm so happy that your are seeing the fruits of that ever growing and evolving spirit of creation! Hey - creation - you also have two living, moving also ever evolving works of art that you are very much responsible for creating too! Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow Leanne! This is so awesome! I'm just thrilled that you're spreading your wings (I always knew you had it in you) and your designs are fabulous!! You go you creative woman you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEah!!!!! Love that you are using your gifts and feeling great about it!!!! In my opinion, it is essential in life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work! I'm stopping over from Natalie's link at Mommy of a Monster....how fun to be so creative, and I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!