Because of you . . .

A few weeks ago, my daughter asked me why I blog.

I told her because I discovered that I really enjoy writing. That it allows me to express myself, and found that it was a great way to fill my creative spirit.

I was wrong.

I blog because of my blog friends.

Because you are really the best group of friends a girl could ask for.

So without going all "Hallmark" on you . . . I thank you.

The past couple weeks have been full of some emotional posts from me, where I'm embracing life, where I'm discussing my fears, where I am sharing some deeper thoughts with you. And your comments, as always, just blow me away. Your support, your encouragement, your laughter. My heart is so full . . . I'm blessed for each of you.

I'm amazed how I can feel so strongly for a group of people I've never even met. How strange that I feel like I have met each of you at least 1,000 times.

Last week I was at a football game at our local high school and a woman walked past me who looked exactly as I imagine Bossy Betty would look. From her hair cut to the shirt she wore, everything seemed like my friend, Betty. Of course, it wasn't. But for a moment, I smiled because BB was on my mind. When I ran into Starbucks this morning, I smiled when I saw the Pumpkin Spice Latte sign, because I knew my friend Nicole enjoyed one yesterday. I felt instant happiness knowing that the latte was back and Nicole and I would enjoy them all season (even with hundreds and hundreds of miles between us.) Yesterday, while craft shopping at Michaels, I saw the Halloween decorations and knew that Anna was right - the stores are getting ready for fall. I imagined that her store looked very similar to my own. I saw a french print that reminded me of Ruby and Miss Welcome, and wondered if either of them have ever seen it before, and then saw a young child with a pacifier that made me think of Melissa. And then this morning, while driving down a familiar road, I wondered if my friend Liz (who used to live in south-side Chicago) would remember the name of the the burger place on 159th (because I can't remember at all.)

Silly, isn't it, how our paths have crossed in this Land of Blog. Amazing, isn't it, how we build each other up when we are down. How we support. How we encourage. How we become friends without ever meeting.

So, I thank you. Each and every one of you.  Because the longer I blog, the more certain I am that I do this because of you.

I wish you a wonderful day, dear friend. Today, I embrace YOU.

Updated moment when I think about one more blog friend: I had to add this last thought - whenever I see a "bump-it", I think of my friend, Julie. Julie is ALL about the bump-its, even though she says she's not! ;)

Comments

  1. My Word!!! I was just thinking the same thing!!! I am serious. The blogging world is a completely different subculture and how the support and "baring our souls" is almost a new form of therapy/sharing/bible study (if you will!)

    I think this social media outlet is what the internet was supposed to be about! I truly think of many of you through out the day!

    I am sooooo glad I happened upon your blog and I have also made some new friends by knowing you. I love our little community and I am so proud to be a fellow writer! Woo Hoo for bloggers! (It's the new form of scrap booking. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I am beyond touched that you mentioned me....what was the print of? I think and speak of you and many of my fellow bloggers all the time and now often think "gee I can not wait to share this with my friends" instead of when I used to think " I want to share this with my readers" ...it is a wonderful feeling and warms my heart! Being as I have no friends in my home town, and my parents are 2000 miles away and my kids are all moved out and hubby is at work A LOT, it gets lonely, but for the brief time I am reading the blogs and writing mine, it is like a connection to all my wonderful friends across the many miles and I do not feel so lonely.THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just one slap-a-smile-on-my-face post after another!! love it!

    and i do love that we have the same haunts. klz at taming insanity grew up in hickory hills and just moved from a condo in the city to a house in lockport. she and i bonded over purchasing furniture from darvin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you had absolutely zero Hoary Marmot encounters to remind you of ME????? Bummer!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a dear friend! Blogging is such a blessing. I don't know about you- but in many ways it's easier to make myself vulnerable through blogging thank in "real life" and isn't that how we make friends (and publish books- hint, hint), by making ourselves vulnerable?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This IS a great little second-world we have all found, isn't it?! Great post...really feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking the same thing about my dear blog friends! You know everytime I buy hummus I think of you Leanne and whenever I see a new brand or flavor (Trade Joes is the current fave) I always think 'Hmmm...what would Leanne do?' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just talking about this very thing to my mother in law. She asked me about the people that follow me and If I know them. I told her I haven't met anyone personally, but I feel I know who they are just by reading their post and by the comments they leave on mine.

    It's weird how blogging can turn perfect strangers into friends.

    Thank you for your friendship as well Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwah ha ha ha!! Just call me Snookie!! I'll send one to ya..Leanne..I know you are jealous!!
    But in all reality...who needs a bump-it when you have Hoary Marmots??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you to! Sometimes I even miss my blog friends and wonder what they are doing...like tonight I had to stop by and see what y'all where doing and funny to read your post about blogging friends. ;) made me smile because I do the same thing. Even If I have not posted in what feels like years...I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thinking this very same thing while I was at the Restoring Honor Rally in DC. Weird place to think this, I know...but you see I found out another blog friend was going to be there at the last minute and I kept thinking...what if we run into each other {although she doesn't have a pic on her blog so I didn't know what she looked like} and then I thought with all those people that maybe someone I "read" would be there and then as we were traveling I saw the Chicago turn off and thought Oh, if only I could pop by Leanne's and surprise her and meet Katie and Ella and PG and see that cute little napkin holder...;)

    Love your post and all these comments!! Yep, my blog friends have become an important part of my daily life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Aren't you sweet! I hope the Betty woman was gorgeous!!! I do the same thing. I think about my blogging friends and what they post about. It's really amazing the connections we have, isn't it? I just may go hug the first woman I see tomorrow that reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You didn't go get something notarized and think of me? Oh well....;) I love writing BUT I think I love my blog friends more. It's amazing how connected women can feel just by sharing similar feelings. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, so I'm sensing a piece of Leanne Wargowsky artwork with a community of caricatures of your blog friends. THAT will be an interesting piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are right about the bloggy friends we have all made. It is an uplifting amazing world! I love the creative side to it. Your pumpkins and Halloween header is the cutest! But most of all it is the kindness shown through people's thoughtful comments that really make blogging a special place. Have a great day my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet and heartfelt post Leanne. I love how you did that, thinking of some of your bloggy friends in your everyday life:) This touched my heart. Your warmth and kindness always shines through in your writing. Thanks for writing, sharing your stories, and being one of my great bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!