CT, Me, and a TOP SECRET ingredient

At some point during this past week, I opened my email to find a message from my brother-in-law, CT. I was immediately surprised, because CT and I usually don't do the email thing. So, I opened it. It simply read. . .


That was it.

Uh - oh. I vaguely remember promising CT cookies. Yep, I think it had something to do with a visit to Costco that he and my sister were taking in which I convinced them to pick up a few items for me (and by a few items, I mean about 20 . . . including toilet paper . . . and for anyone who is not familiar with Costco, 20 items . . . including toilet paper . . . could easily mean multiple shopping carts. I guess 20 items would have been bad enough, but I think it really got him when I called them multiple times while they were shopping, just to add more items to my list. I know, I know. I've got some nerve. But, hey, he was getting cookies out of me - so, it wasn't for nothing!!) Ok. Back to the story.

So, CT sends me that email (and the red line is crossing out my very special TOP SECRET INGREDIENT, which I will address further down in this post), and I email him back with something like, "Yeah, yeah, I'll bake your cookies. You'll have them within 7 days. Yadda yadda yadda." I hit send, and off it goes.

Amazing how the whole promise of baking cookies escaped my mind the minute I hit send. Hmmm ... darn email. So, this morning as I sit down to check up on all my blog friends and off to check my email, I find yet another email from my brother-in-law. Ok, this guy is getting on my nerves now. ;) This one says . . .



That was it.

So, after a voice mail message to my brother-in-law informing him that I did not have the SECRET INGREDIENT (and after dear sister and brother-in-law stopped by to deliver the SECRET INGREDIENT), I found myself in the kitchen today baking chocolate cookies for CT. Yes, I'm a lady of my word. It may take constant reminders and even delivery of secret items . . . but I WILL come through!

I don't know if I've ever told you, but I bake a pretty fanTAStic Chocolate Chip Cookie. The recipe belonged to my Great-Aunt Stelle, and I have sort of taken on the roll of Master Chocolate Chip Cookie baker in our family through the years. I mean, I don't want to toot my own horn . . . but man, these cookies are gOOd!!! Mrs. Fields who???? And while I can't let you in on all of the secrets of this recipe, I will share a few photos of the baking process with you.

Like all good things in life, it begins with BUTTER (aka BUTTAH). Here is a picture of BUTTAH. . . .
And, because BUTTAH is SO GOOD, here is a bigger picture for you . . . .
That's better. I mean, if you're gonna do it . . . let's do it RIGHT, ok??

After adding all the necessary stuff (the sugars, eggs, oil ... yes, a little oil in addition to the butter ... the milk ... yes, a little milk ... vanilla, flour, soda, salt), you then add the really TOP SECRET ingredient. It's SO TOP SECRET, that I had to blur the next photo before posting it. Take a look anyway. Can you see what it is?
Hmmmmm . . . you're close. You might have even guess right. But, I'll never tell!!
(That's me ... never telling ... and also me taking a really dorky picture of myself while I was baking. Just had to include it! Plus, I was having a good hair day today - so I always have to celebrate those, right?)

Ok, now, back to the recipe. After the dough is ready, the cookies head to the oven . . .
Any idea on those TOP SECRET INGREDIENTS? There are actually TWO of them in this recipe, and boy-oh-boy, my family LOVES THEM!!!

After the regular baking time, the cookies are removed and placed on the cooling rack. It's usually at this point that the smell of these beauties have traveled through the house and my little ones (PG included) follow the scent to the kitchen where they ask for one (or two, or three, or four.)

I was playing with my photography skills again, and took this next photo with a bunch of the cookies on top of each other. The only thing missing is a tall glass of milk . . . I'm licking my lips just LOOKING at this photo . . .
I mean, seriously, don't they look delicious? Mouthwatering good, I tell ya. So as soon as they are finished, I pack up a lovely little goodie box for our CT, and leave him a message at home telling him that his cookies are ready. . .

I'm telling you . . .  within 1 hour of the message, he is at my kitchen table eating a cooking and giving me thumbs up. What a guy!
I have to say that I am pretty lucky to have CT for my brother (in-law). He is always there for my family whenever we need him, he has a heart of gold, and he makes my sister the happiest I have ever seen. So, I guess if all he needs is some Chocolate Chip Cookies from time to time, well, then that is the least I can do for him!

Hope you are enjoying the cookies, CT!  Oh, and if you could call me when you are heading to Costco again ... I might need you to pick up a few things for me. I would really appreciate it! ;)

Any ideas on the secret ingredients? Leave me a comment with what you think they are . . .

Comments

  1. Hmmmmmm....I don't believe I've ever had one of your homemade chocolate chip cookies!! How is that possible?? And I don't remember ever discussing this secret ingredient business!!! Perhaps we need to revamp the definition of BFF!!
    As far as a guess on what the secret ingredients are... I'm gonna say one is potato chips! Gotta get some veggies in the mix given all the buttah used!! 2nd one I'm guessing is crisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know what the secret incredient is but OMG they LOOK AWESOME!!!:O) My fav are chocolate chipcookies and my hubby who is a great cook and baker has not mastered them!! I will have to show you a pic of what his look like and its not like yours!! Im drooling,yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Lady Bloggers!
    Those cookies look insanely delicious. I'm am not a great baker, so I'm jealous of your cookie-making skills.

    The secret ingredients could possibly be whipped cream or caramel bits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! Those cookies are incredible. I nearly clawed through my computer screen to get to them.

    Apricots? Almond Flavoring? Xanex? Do tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corn Flakes??? DO I WIN? Do you ship??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look absolutely delicious! Are those PB chips in there too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hm. It's something that doesn't appear to melt when baking. some kind of chip. butterscotch candies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. whatever it is, it looks yummy... stopping by from lbs

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know, memphis is just a straight shot south on 57. heck, the sign on 80 even says "memphis," as if it's right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would guess caramel chips. They look YUMMY!! I will happily pick up your Costco items if you make me those :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leanne I love this post! Very cute! Those cookies look dleicious! How am I supposed to stay on a diet when I see yummy recipes like this one! I hope you have a great week! I would love to feature you soon. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm...I smell a cookie giveaway!! I'm sure you'd get a million entries. Those look divine. What's the secret ingredient????? You're so mean! ;)

    Here are my guesses...
    1. Walnuts
    2. butterscotch chips (but I'm thinking not)
    3. Some sort of dried fruit...like apricots or peaches??

    ReplyDelete
  13. To cute! Oh and ummm the "secret" ingredient is YOU baking them ;) They wouldn't look like that if I baked them NO MATTER what I put in them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm guessing Corn flakes>>? Oh and yes looking good Leanne, great hair day for sure. And that pic turned me on...the one of the cookies that is..OMG I want some!!! Please!
    I have a fav secret cookie recipe, its called kitchen sink cookies and they are always a huge hit...sheesh now I want to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to go with whipped cream and butterscotch chips:) They look ultra yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Garbanzo beans! Haha! (I trust you read my post about my chickpea cookies. I also trust yours are veggie free and beacoup tastier). In any event, they look scrumdiddlyumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just so you know...I read this post yesterday and I have been thinking about your cookies ever since. They look DIVINE!!! I mean...soooo yummy! I don't know what your secret is but my husband would so love these. Chocolate chip are his favorite:)

    Love the pic of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, it looks like ricotta to me (However a more fitting guess would be cream cheese...)! But that's just because I can't keep my mind off of cheese... ;)

    Hm... And probably corn flakes. (Or cheddar?) I'm not sure I'd put either of those in cookies ;)

    They look veerrrry yummy! I should be grumpy that you didn't share the secret ingredients, but since I'm on a diet, I'm grateful. Thanks for saving me 15 pounds :)

    -Lady Fromage
    http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had these cookies and whoa! Yum....I think you've revealed the ingredient by now, but I won't spoil it. Fantastic....wish I would have taken some of then along with the extra pasta (by the way, thanks for making our dinner the other night!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!