Works for Me

I work best under pressure. Some would say "extreme" pressure. I'm the worst kind of procrastinator, the kind that waits until the final minutes for most things in life. I've always been that way - and I'm not even sure how that started, because if you knew the rest of my family - you would know that they are nothing like that. I come from a family of planners. Organizers. People who prepare and execute in the most timeliness of timelines.

Me? I wing it. All of the time.

From preparing for Christmas or hosting a party, to creating art or packing for vacation, I find that I do my best work under the tick tock of the clock. I don't stress (usually ... until the very last minute ...) and I push myself up to the very end. Why? Well . . . it's just what works for me. And believe it or not, I am usually able to pull things off without much of a hitch. My sister laughs when she stops at my house the morning of a party, only to find PG sitting on the couch watching a movie and me on the computer ... with the house in complete disarray. But, hours later, she'll return and things are cleaned and ready as if we've been preparing for days. What can I say? PG seems to work like me, so we are a good pair and get it done. Works for me!

This upcoming trip to Disney, which I have been talking so much about (sorry about that), is no exception. My mom (one of 8 grown ups going on the trip) has been planning and preparing for months. She's got every outfit set, and I'm sure they are folded and laid out in her guest room just ready for entering the suitcase. Me? I haven't bought a single thing for myself. This is stressing Mom out, I'm certain, as I know she keeps hinting that I should go here or there for some new cloths. I'll get there. . . under the pressure of the clock. You see, I just can't start too early. That just doesn't work for me.

Earlier this week I received an email from a fellow blogger who asked, "So, are you ready for Disney?" Yikes. I guess maybe I should start getting my thoughts together about it...especially if a fellow blogger is asking me. That same day, Ella and Katie received the coolest package from their Auntie Ria (aka Maria) in the mail, full of lots and lots of traveling goodies (journals, UNO cards, Mickey Mouse band aids, and disposable cameras for each of them to use on their trip). Auntie Ria is the BEST, and probably knew that I would be running around like a chicken with her head cut off this week, so she planned ahead and picked up some things for the girls. How cool is this package?

So, I guess I should start planning and preparing for our trip. I guess it is time to start laying out the cloths and counting pairs of socks. I better makes sure our shoes are set and count the undies. Yes . . . I think maybe this time I'll try and be a little more prepared. I know one thing . . . Ella is ready!!! She's been wearing her Snow White dress for DAYS now . . . Saturday morning, we have a date with the Princesses for breakfast - and my little Princess Ella CAN'T WAIT!!!

How about you? Are you totally prepared and organized for life? Or are you like me and work best under pressure? I'd love to know what works for you . . . leave a comment and let me know!

Comments

  1. I could learn a thing or two from you! I am a MEGA planner. I'm already making menu plans, clothing choices and activity plans for THANKSGIVING! On an excel spreadsheet even.

    Ella is darling! Make sure you take lots of pictures at the Princess breakfast! :)

    -Lady Fromage
    http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm Im in between, organized but dont like to plan ahead, but always have a mental note in my head as to what needs to be done on that day(which can b bad since i forget easily)I keep a planner.Im an in between girl:O) Have fun at Disney and take lots of pics!!! great idea and sweet of there aunt to send a package like that:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i was married to you, i'd be a wreck. :) just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...adorable picture. She's ready!! I'm like you...I love to be organized..but sadly that is not my natural tendency! I wing it so much...I should be able to fly by now!! This year, since I am not homeschooling, I am really working to set up some sort of organization system...just so my mind can be at ease! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! If it makes you feel any better we didn't book our disney trip (tickets, hotel, restaurant reservations) until the week before we went. (And, I promise it all turned out just fine - fabulous actually!) So, I guess I'm not much of a planner either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can be a planner, depending on the situation, but I'm definitely a procrastinator, so that doesn't help!

    And the idea of a traveling package sounds adorable - now that's an organized person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my look at that little face...you can see the excitment on it, to cute.
    Honey I am such a last min person...but I do stress and get all worked up... I do work best under pressure even if I'm all frazled doing it. My mom will be calling every hour for days before a trip..."don't forget this or go buy that" It got so bad I had to tell her to make a list and write it down when she thinks of something and give it to me all at once the day before. She almost passed out. Ha! Again have a great time and take lots of photos. OOXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I've taken the cue from your sister and started Christmas shopping early, it's always gotten me in trouble. Either I spend too much, or forget that I purchased something for someone...not good! I work best under pressure, too, but I know there's a better way for me. Just gotta figure out what that is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm like you Leanne. I usually wait until the last minute but I can't say I'm totally at peace with that. I'm trying to be less of a procrastinator and more of a planner...not sure it's in my genes though. We'll see. I love how you embrace it and are totally okay with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm better with pressure but I sure would love to be prepared enough to send travel kits to the children in our lives- how cool is that!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!