Get Out of Crankville . . . #2

Well, HAPPY FRIDAY!!! It is a particularly GORGEOUS FRIDAY in Chicago today. Some rough storms last night made way to a beaUTIFUL day today - sunshine, blue skies, and temps in the low '70s!!! Yes, summer is taking a break today, and offering us all a taste of the months ahead . . . FALL.

Say it with me, will you?   F A L L
Or, how about this one . . .  P U M P K I N   S P I C E   L A T T E
Or . . .  J E A N S
Or . . . C A N D Y   C O R N

Ok, so candy corn really isn't a favorite of mine (I think I OD'd on it in another life - and by 'another life' I mean last year). It's really really sweet - but, oh how lovely it looks in a bowl on my counter. LOVE IT!

So, here I am - feeling like it's time to update the blog header to include some pumpkins, a new HOT COFFEE cup, and some Halloween pics from last year. The air conditioning is off, the windows are open, I'm feeling so darn happy here today that it's almost sickening!

I decided to check out some of those dear blog friends I wrote about yesterday . . . when much to my surprise, I find that one of the dear peeps I wrote about is in GREAT NEED of a "Get Out of Crankville Free" card! Dear dear Nicole . . . she's having a rough day. You can read about it her blog Destination Unknown (yes, I know ... that girl, again! I must write about her alot, huh?)

Today, in true Nicole fashion, she wrote a very emotional and honest "VENTacular" post about her current Crankville state. Now, for the weak at heart (and for those who do not understand the need for a slip of an off-colored word in the heat of the moment), you may not want to read her post. She is my dear friend and I feel the need to spread sunshine on her life today, so I hereby dedicate this post to my dear friend, Nicole.

Nicole,

You are hereby gifted this post, with one "Get out of Crankville" Free Card! With it comes the opportunity to escape that cranky place you've been visiting ... whenever you are ready. Know that we are here, in Happyville, waiting for your return! You have shared your stories of love and life, you educate us regularly on subjects from the South to healthy hearts, you motivate us to get up and dance, and you always always leave me thinking about this world we live in.  Honey, you have already overcome some incredible obstacles in life - you've gone from bad to worse, and then really really good. Be true to YOURSELF. You deserve happiness! Much Much Happiness!

So, when the time is right, hop right on that next bus OUT OF Crankville!!! No rush, though. Just whenever you are ready! (Because I know that I cannot tell you when you should leave. Do it when you are ready, dear friend.) I'm thinking of you . . . and tell Mr. Egyptian that you are the best thing that's ever happened to him . . . it's about time he starts showing you that love he is so capable of giving.

Sincerely,
Your Happyville Friend

p.s. feel free to grab your very own "Get Out Of Crankville Free" card below!



Comments

  1. I read her blog....I sure hope that the card works for her ! You are such a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you give out these cards, girl. They truly are the sweetest things!!;)

    I am in need of a Crankville card. I mean the weather is perfect and I'm grumpy...what the heck?!

    At this very minute I hereby declare my day as a NO Crankville Zone...

    much better.

    Love your new look.

    Have a spectacular weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Nicole and love these wonderful cards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed your link and read past the cranky part and discovered a great new blog to follow -- so thank you! Plus, a new mantra -- cranky with friends is better than cranky without friends! Enjoy the beautiful weather in Chicago -- it's pretty nice here in Oklahoma, too. Autumn is coming! (Well, maybe it's not coming for a while, but at least it's a glimpse of things to come!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate all the "Fall" acknowledgements..but I am so not there. I feel like we were robbed of our usual lovely summer weather. Boo hoo....Now I'm in cranksville!! ;)

    I'll skip on over and read Nicole's post and give her a little lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have brought a smile to my face. Funny thing is - you gave me some advice, and I took it. I went to SB, (had to wear my sunglasses inside to order the coffee - due to ugly crying syndrome face) and I ordered my Pumpkin Spice and sat outside. Unfortunately it is 97 degrees here - But I did not care - b/c that sip of PSL made me think it was fall.

    I happened to call a very good friend of mine, who happens to be a Therapist (I recommend everyone having a friend that is one!) and we chatted. I gained my power back and confronted Mr. Egyptian. I gave him 2 choices. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Digging the new fall heading!

    Hooray for autumn, the best time of year! (and for jeans, which I wore last night, for the first time this year!)

    Enjoyed the blog, thanks for sharing the link!

    -Lady Fromage
    http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am such a FALL Girl! Don't care for summer and never did short shorts even when I could get my butt into them! The weather here is so crazy...60s on Monday ending the week in the high 80s...YES YES I am ready for fall.
    Here is to your friend getting out of Crankville.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, love the new blog design! I need a new fall design too! So, let me know when you have that one finished for me. Anyway, what's not to love about fall - cool days (cooler nights), warm colors, candy corn, apples, leaves, sweaters, jeans, jackets, football... the list goes on and on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your fall update!

    and i want to say that all the mentions of pumpkin spice lattes on the internet and twitter today forced me to get one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new layout!! Very festive for Fall. What a sweet friend you are, those crankville cards are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fall is my favorite season. My birthday is in the Fall (and my baby and my husband). My anniversary is in the Fall. Every adventure (almost) started in the Fall. Aaaah. Pumpkin Spice Latté. Not sure if we can get that in Starbucks Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Crankville cards! I think I need one (oh wait I have a real one!). It was 101 here today...again. Hellooo....did the sun not see my calendar? It says SEPTEMBER! Where are my crimson leaves and perfectly cloudy skies? Does the sun not realize that I have cute sweaters waiting in my closet? Sigh. Oh but I'm better now because I came by here and you have PUMPKINS and this adorable background! And the Halloween pics are precious. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Crankville cards- brilliant! Also brilliant? Your new header! I especially love it because Molly had that very same pirate costume last year as your dear girl! I think they'd be great friends. Arrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!