Guest Post #3: So, That's Why

Our Guest Post today is brought to you by my dear friend, Cindi, from So, That's Why. Cindi and I go WAAAAAYYYYY back . . . to that old "Glee" life in High School. As a matter of fact, here is a photo of Cindi and I doing our 'thing' . . . 

Oh, yeah! That's us. And we were IT!!! Cindi is a pretty awesome person who works two jobs (one is teaching!!!), is raising two amazing kids, is a major digital scrapbook guru, and just an amazing person all around. She brings out the very best in me, and I am so very grateful for her presence in my life. She wrote a great piece this week about procrastinating, which is think works hand in hand with a post I just last week on my own procrastinating tendencies. So, without further adieu, I give you Cindi and her post titled . . . 

Life is too short to do it later

I’ve got a huge problem. See, I procrastinated writing this blog post for my dear friend Leanne. Her blog is so cool, and I didn’t want to disappoint her followers. I’ve had a little performance anxiety. So I kept finding other “more important” things to do. Like….cutting the grass….and vacuuming….and watching the season finale of Psych. Again. See, even though I teach a writing class at the local community college, I’ve discovered I’m better at asking other people to write things than I am at actually sitting down and doing it myself.

I always have the best of intentions. I just don’t often have the inspirations. I have stacks of books on writing, hundreds of pens that I bought thinking I’d be inspired by them and dozens of blank journals to write in. Yep. They are still nearly as blank as the day I bought them. For shame. And while I update my blog when the spirit moves me, I’ve yet to find a regular writing habit. That’s, yet another reason why I’m so impressed with Leanne. Somehow, she gets past the writer’s block and she regularly publishes excellent, inspiring, hilarious posts. She inspired me to kick start my blog last year. Maybe she’s done the same for you.

Well, no more procrastinating for me. Nope. I am hereby making a pledge to stop delaying my life. Because, that’s what it really is. Delaying. Life is too short to do it later. You will no longer catch me saying….”well, I still have 3 days until it’s due”, or “I can do that later”, or “I’ll do it when I finish relaxing”. (Oh, there will still be as much relaxing as I need, just no extra as an excuse to avoid doing something.) The new me will have already written this post for Leanne, not only because I love her and don’t want to let her down, but because I enjoy writing. I really do. I’ve also decided to put my own pen to paper, right along with my students, because there’s really no better time for me to write than when I ask them to…..hey, I’ll even get my blog updated!

So, thanks, From Chaos to Happiness readers. You have inspired me to get my procrastinating self back on track. Thanks Leanne, for asking me to write a post for your awesome blog. (And sorry for being late.) I hope your vacation is all you dreamed it would be!

- Cindi

Comments

  1. Sometimes it takes major life events to help us understand that life is short and we need to get going! Sometimes, it just takes Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me oh my...does this mean I have to stop procrastinating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on board with ya!!! I'm getting closer to doing some art journaling, so I won't have any excuses either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for you Cindi!! I actually procrastinated writing this comment...I stopped by here early this morning-LOL!!

    I did not know you taught writing...very cool;)

    I look forward to all your posts!!

    PS...this IS Leslie...just using my son's account...

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!