My Very Own "Annie Liebovitz"

Did I ever tell you that my Ella is a budding photographer? Yep, she sure is. I have my very own Annie Liebovitz on my hands, I do, I do. Her fascination with the camera started such a long time ago, and is probably a direct result of her father (PG) always putting a camera in her face to capture her dimples and smile. She'd smile for the photo, then beg for the camera and an opportunity to take her own pictures. So, we passed on Katie's little Fisher Price camera and let her go at it. . .

. . . except, the Fisher Price camera was WAY TOO easy for Ella. There is no challenge in this camera - no zoom - no flash - nothing. Just click and go. Which is probably perfect for a number of children out there, but not for Ella.

So, we found ourselves letting her use our "GROWN UP" camera. Probably not the best idea, but one that we felt we had no choice but to do. I mean, imagine what the world would be like if Monet or Van Gogh's mothers never handed them a paint brush? So, we hand her the camera and she goes. And sometimes, in between the shots of the floor and the couch and the driveway, we see some really cool things through Ella's eyes. . . including the marker on her feet . . .

However, every once in a while, things seem a little LARGER THAN LIFE. Like this photo (below) that I just discovered as I emptied the digital pictures from the camera onto our computer tonight. Let's just imagine that this bottom belongs to someone else, and NOT the person writing this post, shall we? (Oh, and you can thank me for not posting this photo LARGER than it really needs to be. You get the point with it just as it is, don't you?)
I threw the heart on there just to do SOMETHING to block out that God awful view. 

Poor Ella . . . sometimes seeing the world through her eyes may not always be pretty. But it's real. Every single bit of it.

Gotta run . . . I hear SPANX are on sale this week. I've got some shopping to do . . .that is, after I ride my exercise bike for 24 hours straight! ;)

Comments

  1. So cool! Looks like she's got her Mommy's creative genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one brave soul for posting a photo of your tushy on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know...I never gave thought to what my 3 yr old grandson sees when he's standing behind me. You (or rather EB, a.k.a. "the next Annie") have given me plenty of food for thought (a whole lot less calories, thankfully).

    I love that she's into the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee Hee!! Too funny, Leanne. Yes, you are so brave. And speaking of bums...my charming, sweeter than honey, almost 16 year old said to me last week..."Mom, I don't want to be mean but you have a big butt." Ahhh, from the mouth of babes;)

    LOvE your Disney look. DARLING!

    I have been thinking about you guys...your trip to Disney will be the BEST!!!!!!!! I want to hear ALL about it when you get back.

    Be safe, have fun and remember to cherish every moment {even the meltdowns-HEE HEE}

    Love ya',
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a great article in Cosmo this month about how having a big booty is something to be PROUD of! :) And Cosmo is pretty much the Bible....

    So great that Ella has inherited your love of photography! You both better take lots of pictures of your magical Disney vacation! Love the new header, btw!

    -Lady Fromage
    http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweet little Ella has a great eye! Just like her mommy. Hope you guys are enjoying your Disney holiday. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I hear ya girl! I run from cameras these days. It sure sounds like she found her passion early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have a kidizoom for kate and we LOVE it!

    i can't believe you gave yourself mickey ears. oh leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Happy accidents can really be works of art. Maybe you can find something not too pricey on eBay for her to play around with?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really love the pics little kids take! Seeing the world through their eyes is pretty awesome. Love the heart on your tush!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leanne you are so cute! I love the Mickey ears! You are right that our little ones woulod get along great! My daughter had a fisher price camera and for her birthday I got her a real big people camera. Nothing too fancy or expensive, but it is a real camera with a zoom and memory card. She loves it! These pictures are great! Better watch out, you never know when your little photographer is going to take a picture! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! I love the pics. She's got a bright future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA breath HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I'm laughing my butt off here! I can't breath! Hahahahah sorry but that is funny, the part about her view! Hahaha can't stand it! Oh Leanne you kill me...btw you have some love on your ass. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!