We're Home!!!

Happy Mickey Mouse and Bippity Boppity Boo to YOU, dear friends! We are back - alive and well - after one fun filled week of merriment and all things fabulous in Walt Disney World!!!

And boy-oh-boy, I'm tired.

I can't believe that the trip we saved and planned for well over a year has come and gone. This trip truly was all that I hoped it would be, and more. The fun started upon our arrival to Florida last Friday - and continued for 6 nights and 7 days, until we boarded the plane and came back to sweet home Chicago. Let me tell you - as a young 39 year old girl who has never been to Disney before, I was in awe of this empire that the great Mr. Walt himself built. I was moved to tears many many times through out the week, and I was thrilled to be able to bring my daughters here to enjoy it all.

Instead of boring you all week with posts about our trip, I thought I'd share just a few photos and highlight some of the very best moments right now. First and foremost, please allow me to introduce to you Princesses Snow White, Ella and Katie . . .

. . .  really . . . three of the prettiest ladies I've ever seen. We started the trip with breakfast with the Princesses in Cinderella Castle, and it really was as magical as I dreamed it would be. Arriving at Magic Kingdom on the very first day was so special, and walking down Main Street with Ella and Katie dressed as Snow White and finding the Disney employees (aka cast members) bow and greet Ella and Katie with "Good Morning, Princess!" as we slowly made our way to the castle made me melt. My eyes filled with tears to see my little girls as they responded with soft "Good Morning" in reply. The folks at Disney sure know how to make you feel like a true princess, and the sparkle in Ella's eye was all that I needed to see to know that it was going to be a special day!

However ... all good things must come to an end. On this particular day, it didn't take long for me to realize that I was not AT ALL a "roller coaster" kind of girl. Here is my face after riding a particularly easy roller coaster called Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
PG snatched the picture of us just as we were coming round the bend to exit the ride. As you can see . . . I was not happy. What cracks me up about this photo even more than my face, is ELLA right behind us. She just finished going on the same ride and she looks absolutely unfazed. Ah, well. Shortly after this ride I declared myself a "RIDE FREE" zone and (with the exception of a water ride here or there that I went on to simply relieve the hot weather) all was good for the rest of the trip. 

We got ourselves all fancied up one night for a lovely dinner . . .  

The girls got all dressed up in costume, once again, for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party where they tricked and treated for hours. It was SO MUCH FUN to go through the park and enjoy the fall decorations and see the spooky Halloween parade.
At the end of the evening of the Halloween Bash, the Disney folks again amazed me with an absolutely awesome parade and firework display. PG did an absolutely fantastic job of taking some really cool photos of the fireworks that I had to share with you. It was honestly the best fireworks display I have ever seen in my life (and I do think I've seen some pretty good ones before.) I will never forget it . . .  
Of course, any visit to Walt Disney World wouldn't be complete without a visit with Mickey and Minnie . . . 


I could go on and on with lots of other things . . . and I'll probably share a few more stories here or there this week of a few observations of our adventures. But for now, I just wanted to share a little piece of this wonderful vacation with you.

I hope you all are doing well . . . thanks again to my guest post bloggers this week. I can't wait to spend a few hours in front of the ol'computer and catch up on all of your blogs. How are YOU??? Leave me a comment and let me know how your week was and what is new in your life . . . I'd love to know!!!

And thanks, again, for sharing in our most recent adventure!  
It really is the most magical place on earth! 

Comments

  1. Welcome Back, dear friend. Looks like all had a wonderful time (as long as you stayed away from the roller coasters). All's well in Chi-town. Weather's a little cooler here. But that just adds to the memories of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!!! I can't wait to get the scrapbook of our trip started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I'm right there with ya sister about the roller coasters! Looks like you had a great time. I'm heading out to Orlando for a conference i a week or so and will be going to Epcot (twice). I've never been to any of the parks, so I'm kinda looking forward to it. Glad you guys had such a good time. I'm sure your girls will remember it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh - these pictures are GREAT Leanne. So glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and so glad you are BACK!

    My week went really, really well. Thanks for asking!! I love that you are all dressed up for Halloween too! I LOVE this time of year. I even added new tabs at the top of my page with Halloween stuff (that I hope to add to as the month goes on!)

    **BIG HUG** So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had fun! Visiting from LBS tea party... Blessings on your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these pictures and memories are BEAUTIFUL! I wasn't there, but I've got tears in my eyes! What a wonderful thing you've done! I can't wait to see all the pictures. Glad you're back- missed you lots - love the Halloween background and banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!!!! Looks like you had SO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Wow, and Wow! Love your darling little girls in their costumes how fun! They are never going to forget this trip! Seriously, having Minnie take your order and pictures with Cinderella, rides, food, sights!!! What a fabulous trip!!!

    Can't wait to see more!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how i've missed you! The fireworks show looks amazing! We weren't able to do it. i'm glad you all have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed you my friend!! These pics are sooooo magical...Love them. What sweet, darling little pumpkins you have. Katie and Ella you are the FAIREST OF THEM ALL!!:)

    Oh, and that pic PG snapped of you two after the coaster is priceless...and that one of all of you at your fancy dinner? Gorgeous!!

    Those firework pics could be postcards!!!

    And one more thing...your blog looks smashing, darling;)

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww LOVE ALL the photos!! Even the one of you scared to death! HA ;) GORGEOUS family photo too! Sounds like such an amazing time. I can only imagine how much fun the girls had too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you're back!!! And that you had a wonderful time (well, with the exception of the roller coaster ride... L. M. A. O.!!!! I'm just sayin'... anyway, gorgeous happy family. Love the pics! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures and family. Looks like you had a wonderful time and happy memories. I stopped over from The Lady Bloggers Tea Party.

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Leanne! So glad you had a wonderful trip. Wow, those fireworks look amazing. Your girls are darling and they sure looked like they had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how fun!!! I am a new follower and I would love a follow back!!
    http://www.mommykatie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I love all the photos! I really love the one of you on the ride..lol I'd be in the "ride free zone" myself. Your girls are so stinking cute the put snow white to shame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pictures!!! So glad you all had a great trip:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!