All that Really Matters

It's been a crazy busy week in our happy chaos home. Between work, PG being out of town for his work, multiple friend play dates and overnights, pedicures and manicures (I LOVE Katie's birthday this year - a Mommy & Katie day - wahoooo!), planning/shopping/cleaning/cooking for a family barbeque, and all the other comings and goings this week . . . I'm finally able to sit down and get caught up on . . . Life.

Life.

What a Life.

You see . . . all the guests have left. The food is all put away. I've washed the last dish of the night. The children are tucked in bed. PG is playing with his iPad on the family room couch. The house has finally cooled down after a hot day of cooking and company. And I am tired.

Really tired. Like, cranky tired. Like the "dogs are barking and the back is aching and the hands can't possibly clean another dish" tired. Life. It's often exhausting, isn't it? Well . . . maybe just this week.

Then . . . a short while ago, Katie came up the kitchen and handed me a piece of paper.

"Mommy, I made this for you," she said. I could see that she was busy with her new drawing paper and colored pencils that she just received for a birthday gift. My soapy hands still had a stack of dishes to get to, and my first reaction was to tell her to leave it on the table and I would look at it in a minute. But instead, I turned off the faucet and grabbed a dish towel to dry my hands. I'm so glad I did. . . because the moment I saw what she had made me, I was reminded of what is really most important in this Life.

In case you can't see . . . it reads "Best Mommy ever - for loveing me, taking care of me. to mommy."  She wrote Mommy with swirlies - because she knows that I absolutely LOVE swirlies.

So, there you have it. A little moment in my Life tonight.

I'm tired. Yes. But I am blessed beyond words. And Life, for me, is Good.

Oh-so Good.

Comments

  1. Absolutely Leanne, enjoy the rest of your special long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very good to have that dish towel handy to dry the hands in order to take the time that is so worth it!!
    I love how you foster the gratitude in the girls' lives. They are so comfortable expressing how grateful they are!!
    Yep, Best Mommy Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times. Sounds like "happy" chaos for sure. PS - That "gift" is the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's obvious you are a great example to your girls! That note is precious and a definite keeper!

    by the way, love your header, you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful, Leanne. That is the most precious gift our kids give us...there heart. Katie sure is special:)

    Thinking of you this Independence Day.

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shame on you, Leanne, for making my mascara run this morning as I read this post and tear up with love and joy at that beautiful, precious drawing ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!