Tomorrow

The sun'll come out tomorrow, huh?

Sure.

That song has been playing in my head over and over the past few days. Whenever I find myself feeling a little overwhelmed or a little stressed, it's like this subconscious mind of my past lives starts singing "the sun'll come out tomorrow". . . and I gotta tell you . . . it's annoying as all hell.

Did you ever want to smack Annie? That little red headed "the sun'll come out tomorrow" Annie. The "when I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely" Annie. The one who will "just stick out my chin, and grin, and say . . . . ohhhh . . ." Annie.

Yeah, that one.

Lately I've been in a cranky mood. No reason . . . just cranky. (I think I need one of my very own "Get out of Crankville" cards. . . remember those?)

I don't think I like people . . . ok . . . not everyone . . . just some . . . and really just want to be alone. I've also come to realize that being the neighborhood crafty mom leaves much to be desired when dealing with some children. I've realized that I have a mess of a house that will probably take me until Thanksgiving to get organized. And, having a husband who travels often for his work when I am in the midst of a personal crisis really sucks.

Yep, I'm a little cranky.

And I think I want to take it out on Annie. I think I want to tell her to stop singing about tomorrow . . . because for all she knows, tomorrow is going to be just as rotten as today. I mean, her folks are no longer living, she's in some rotten orphanage with an alcoholic and a bunch of filthy kids, she's obviously going to have some issues in the hair department as she grows older because I'm not so sure that straightener will even do anything for that curl, and her voice . . . . well . . . it kind of gets on my nerves. So, really . . . put a clip on it. 

Yeah, I'm cranky. I have no desire to write (and that has me really bummed right now) . . . even reading is a chore (that has me equally bummed). I sit at the computer and pull up some of my beloved blog friends posts - and I feel like I can't even get through them. Not because of them, but because my mind won't open up long enough to take the greatness in. I am definitely in some sort of transition right now. And I pray, oh how I pray, that it ends soon.

But . . . even in my crankiness . . . somewhere deep inside . . . I believe . . .


I believe that the sun WILL come out tomorrow.

And I'm waiting for it.

Yes, I am.

How are you, my friend? I miss you so . . . and just want to tell that.

Comments

  1. I swear to you.. I was JUST thinking about you.. and was about to send you an email telling you to snap out it. (Unfortunately, that's the type of friend I am.) I get it though, and I don't want to push my luck. Thank GOD I don't live close, b/c you would want to beat me over the head with my "Pull yourself up" talk. Granted, I won't coddle you, but I do care.. and I think I can speak for everyone in Blogland... we are looking forward to your sunny days. But you know what - I'll take the cloudy day-cranky Leanne also. Even if your post is one sentence... just start the process again. It's the only way. Trust me... this is coming from a girl who fights a million battles a day.
    ;-) Much love... and if I were a hugger I would say *hugs.* Ps - that was a joke. I do give hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay friend...I have been where you are...ummmm just like last week. And while this week is a good one...doesn't mean I won't feel like you do 2 days from now. Each one of us has our moments...ya' know? And I know that you...like me will get out of this funk. It is honestly OKAY to be cranky. I tell ya...right now I look around my home and go...UGH. What a mess. I look at our finances and go...WHAT. How are we ever going to get out of this mess? Then I find out today my Yahoo mail account has been compromised and it won't accept my password or a new one and I am freaking out.

    But...you and I? We get through things. We are creative souls. We create big. We love big. We get our feelings hurt easily.

    We are gonna be okay.

    Love and hugs and chocolate!!!!!!!!

    I know you love chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt the urge to smack Annie... more than once or twice! Nothing worse than chirpiness when you're cranky!
    But she is right, the sun WILL come up tomorrow... hope it beams bright and sunny in your world, Leanne!
    Hang in there my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get where you are coming from. You are going through all the stages of loss and it will just take a bit of time for everything to get back to some sense of normalcy. But yeah Annie...she just needs to get on the same page as the rest of us! ~Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, as I was reading your post, Loretta Castorini popped into my head. I'm all set to tell you "SNAP OUT OF IT"...when I see that Nicole beat me to it!!!

    So pull it together, Darlin'. We've got a Cellar Session comin' up and you need to be at the top of your game!!

    Oh, and hugs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (BTW -- I do like how you feel like you'd like to smack that little redheaded fountain of joy.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hokie as it sounds, the sun WILL come out tomorrow. Not only because things inevitably get better when they seem to be their worst; but also because YOU won't permit yourself to sit in gloomy Crankville. You have too much heart and spirit and joy for that! Yes, you're entitled to take a trip to that dreary town and take a quick "vacation" there; but it's not a STAYcation. You just need to decompress and reevaluate, and then move on to the next adventure that awaits you ... in a land of sunshine ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hear you on this one! I have a few cheerful friend sin my life that sing like Annie - I just want to scream stop and go back to bed!

    Yet, the sun will come out tomorrow and I hope you beat this funk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweeeeeeetheart! I have just had the best laugh from your post, and I needed it so bad! You are such a light - you ARE sunshine, even when you say you are in the midst of junk! I don't know that it will make you feel any better, but you truly did help me come up out of my own pit. You're a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Step away from the computer for awhile Leanne and come back feeling refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!