Brace Yourself

So . . . guess what I did last weekend . . .

go ahead . . .

guess.

Ok, let me give you a hint.

It had something to do with this . . .

involved staring at this . . .


and had a little bit to do with these folks . . .

Yes, my friends. I slept (brace yourself) OUTSIDE . . . IN A TENT.

Eee-gads!!!! It's TRUE!!!

Ok, Ok. So . . . it was in our backyard.

 But, seriously . . . ME . . . IN A TENT . . . ANYWHERE . . . is pretty much a miracle.

How did I find myself in this position? Well, remember these people?

Yeah, these people wanted to. Truth is . . . these people want me to go REAL CAMPING in a REAL CAMPING SORT OF PLACE where you DON'T have REAL BATHROOM FACILITIES.

(I have a problem with that.)

So, THIS LADY (that would be me) suggested perhaps we try the backyard first.

It was . . . . . it was . . . . it was pretty much the most uncomfortable evening of my life. But, that could have something to do with the fact that we slept outside on 4th of July weekend (you know - the weekend when our lovely neighborhood friends try to blow up the world until the wee-hours of the morning?) Yes, at 1:30 AM (when I had done all but begged one of my girls to join forces with me and retreat to the house - where it was cool and comfortable and quiet), I realized that this was not the night to be camping in the backyard.

However, I made it.

Until 5:00 AM. When I decided that THIS LADY really needed to go inside and use the bathroom. The REAL bathroom.

Will I ever try to camp in a REAL camping sort of place? Ummm . . . I don't know. Maybe, some day. But for now, this is the only place where my camping adventure will take me . . .

And to be honest with you - I think it looks pretty great right here. (Ok, well . . . maybe it looks a little crowded there. But it's a fun place to be!)

What about you - are YOU a REAL CAMPER? Leave me a comment - I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Camping is fun for a holiday with children and if you go to an official camp site they have excellent facilities. I am sure you would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok you know me... my idea of camping and "roughing it" is drinking a margarita out of a paper cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go camping every year. It is so SO much fun. You will love it!! I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, honey, I am the prissiest of the prissy city girls!!! I have been camping, 'cause it's one of those things you have to do for your kids; however, I do NOT recommend it, and am thankful that it will never be on my agenda again! I want a real bathroom, a shower, baby oil, hand lotion, my hair straightener, lipstick ... none of that "roughin' it" nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You silly silly goose. I thought for sure you had ventured out into the woods. Dear heavens.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! You're a braver woman than me...I couldn't camp, even in my own backyard :-) Too fond of my creature comforts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!