Que Sera, Sera

While on my daily journey to work this morning, I had one of those spiritual moments. You know the moments, don’t you? Oprah calls it her “Ah-ha” moment, while others might call it a light bulb moment. Whatever it is – I had something like it today. I know I have written about my daily journey many times before – and shared photos with you of the very road where I often say the heavens open up to shine down on me and my car. It’s a wonderful road that I take – peaceful, tranquil, serene.

I love this road.

My mind was deep in thought as I traveled along road today. I have something heavy on my chest – thoughts of worry and big concern over someone in my heart.

“Breathe . . .” I kept telling myself, “just breathe.” When faced with an unknown answer in life, it’s so easy to get caught up in the thoughts in your head. Imagining the worse scenario when you really have nothing to base it on is a situation I find myself in often. This morning, was one of those moments. My mind was racing and I was missing the serenity I often find in this place.

And then, it happened. Right in front of my eyes, a beautiful deer appeared. She was large, with long legs and an even longer neck, which held her head in the most regal stance. I was far enough away (and traveling slow enough) that I was able to stop my car. But close enough to watch her as she gracefully picked up one leg at a time, making her way across the road. Her movement was as gentle as a swan in water, so beautiful and elegant. I slowed down to a complete stop when my engine must have changed pitch, for she suddenly stopped and looked up at me. She stood there for a few seconds, watching me, as I sat in my car, watching her back.

“Breathe . . .” I told myself, “. . . just breathe.”

I reached down to my passenger seat and felt for my camera – only then remembering that I didn’t have it in my car with me. My eyes never left hers, and I was glad I didn’t have my camera with me – because I may have missed this moment.

Breathe.

I feel as if there was a reason she stepped out in front of me this morning, as if it was some sort of message being sent from some part of this universe – telling me to slow down. Breathe. Not to worry. Let it be. Everything will be as it is meant to be.

I needed that today. Breathe.

In the distance, I could see a car heading towards us. I worried for my new found friend, and quickly flashed my lights at the coming car – warning them to slow down. And in a split second, my friend took a big leap and was lost in the trees.

As I passed the area where she flew, I looked to see some sign of her. But she was gone. Almost as if she was never even there to begin with.

The universe does work in mysterious ways, doesn’t it?

For me, I am most grateful for this little encounter, as I feel a greater sense of calm in my heart now. My deer friend - I believe the universe sent her when I needed it most - right at this very moment.

Whatever will be will be.

Just Breathe.

Comments

  1. I love moments like these and am delighted to read that this one left you feeling lighter Leanne. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Now I can go to sleep happy!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw.That's pretty powerful stuff. I totally believe that things like this happen for a reason. If you were native Ameican - maybe this is your spirit animal? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you...LOVE that road! So peaceful and inviting! ~Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, that's what I affectionately call a "God Kiss". He gave you a beautiful gift, and it was for you ALONE! A true romancing of your soul. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!