No Plans for Tomorrow

I've had many moments the past day or two when I found myself driving my car, wondering to myself what I will do next. I've done what I've always known to do in this life of mine - always worked and had a place to be - always had a job to do - always had a task to accomplish. For the first time in (can it be?) 25 years, I don't. No job to go to. No boss to answer to. No list of things to get done. I have no plans for tomorrow. Absolutely none.

I came home on Wednesday and told Ella and Katie that Mommy no longer had a job to go to. Katie, at first, thought I was moving the office to our home and said, "Oh, Mommy! That's GREAT! We'll be able to do art projects when you take your lunch break!" (Cute, isn't that?)

I explained to her that Mommy was going to be on a PERMANENT lunch break, and we could do art projects ALL DAY LONG. It took a second for her to realize what that meant. And after she hugged me and made sure I was o.k., the biggest grin appeared on her face. In that moment . . . I knew that having "no plans for tomorrow" was really the best thing for my children. And for the first time in days, I felt good.

Katie and Ella immediately retreated to the basement, and I knew they were making something for me. A short time later, they reappeared with two special art pieces.

Here is a little bit of the collage from Ella . . .  
I love that Ella put that beautiful butterfly on the page . . . a symbol of transformation. Perfect, isn't it?

Then, from Katie . . .
With our signature "swirlies" in place, I was so touched by her choice of the "YOUR TIME TO SHINE" and "YOU ARE SPECIAL" stickers. But her hand written "to me" right under the "YOU ARE SPECIAL" made my eyes fill up with tears. I am special . . . to her. God, I'm blessed.  

So, while I have no plans for tomorrow . . . I know that whatever I do will include time well deserved and cherished with these two little girls. Tomorrow is a blank canvas, my friends.

Grab a brush . . . let's see where it takes us.

Comments

  1. That sounds so fantastic... sometimes I wish I had "nothing to do"... I'm envious, haha!

    Your little girls sound so lovely, too.

    stopping in from the lbs tea party. (and btw, you mistyped your url on the linky :-O but I found you anyway :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have collected another follower...I have a feeling big things are about to come into your world. And you will be grateful to be right where you are for the small ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two are so sweet, I have tears in my eyes - funny how they just know how to make it ok - they have a wonderful mommy who would do the same (and I'm sure HAS done the same)for them. Little blessing, kids are. Matt has a "make mom feel better mode" - he rubs my shoulders - he's gonna make Katie a good husband some day (or Ella, let's not leave that possibility out!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!