What are you blessed with?

A couple of weeks ago, I did a post on things I was "blessed with". I love that post so much - (click here to be reminded) that I decided to revisit it today. As you are probably aware - it's been a buzz kill sort of week in our home. So, there is no better time than today to stop and count my blessings. Because even in the middle of some obstacles . . . this week, I am blessed with so very very much.

1) Dear dear friends . . . who send little surprises of support and reminders that I am strong - that I am beautiful - that I have the power to be all that I can be. I am so very blessed to be surrounded by such supportive friends, and I am blessed - so very blessed - to have them in my life.


In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~Albert Schweitzer

2) My Sister . . . There is no way, at all, that I could have made it through this week without her. PG has been out of town since Monday (funny how much has changed in the time he has been gone.) In his absence, my sister has been my rock, my confident, my psychiatrist, my social worker, my everything. She "talks me down off of the bridge" ;) many many times, and I am blessed, beyond words, to have her in my life (read more from her over here).

For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
~ Christina G. Rosetti


3) Magical opportunities . . . this week, I am blessed with the reminder that dreams can come true - and that even when you aren't quite sure what direction life will take you - you are always in control of your own destiny. I am blessed, my friends, for today. 

 All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
~ Walt Disney

What are you blessed with today? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. I am blessed with resilience (did I spell that right?,)hope and imagination!

    I am so happy you are finding a bit of peace. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blessed with the most caring and kind and generous man I know.

    I am blessed with the Gospel in my Life...knowing my Savior Jesus Christ.

    I am blessed with a beautiful home and plenty of food and our family life.

    I am blessed with beautiful friends that share the same passions I do.

    Thank you!! Beautiful friend:)

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in a gigantic funk and it is so hard to sit and remember all the little things that I do have that make me truly blessed.
    I am just blessed that even though my health fails me, my son and husband are healthy and happy and that makes me blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear friend I hope you are doing well. This is a beautyiful post! I have always loved that quote by Albert Scheitzer. My sister is always there for me too. It is so nice to have someone that cares and loves us so much. There are so many things to focus on that we are blessed with. It may not always help take away the blues, because those are feelings that come because we are blessed with the ability to feel. I think it is healthy to allow ourselves to go thrugh the emotions we are feeling. I know great things are coming for you. Try to do some things for yourself! :) Like I said, you deserve it!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly blessed to have such a great sister:O)Im always counting my 4 blessings my 3 boys and my hubby and yes my dog who brings joy to my life and wonderful blog friends like you:O) Hugs Isabel:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen for sisters and friends! You seem like you have a positive attitude - that will take (and always has taken) you far. Virtual hugs til I see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear sweet Leanne, I am so very struggling that you are going through this right now; keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always! ~Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry my comment is so late - thanks so much for your words. And if you ever decide to jump off that bridge (which I know you will NOT!), don't worry, I will be there to catch you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!