Say CHEESE!

I know I've told you that I'm going to The Creative Connection event in September. I'm SO excited about this conference - and can't wait to be surrounded with amazingly creative women from all over this country.  In addition to hearing some amazing keynote presentations from the likes of Cristina Ferrare, Becky Higgins, Karen Walrond, and my personal idol Kelly Rae Roberts, I have signed up for a number of cool creative TCC Handmade Classes that I am so looking forward to. I mean, I am taking a class with THE Stacy Julian and another class with art journal guru Melody Ross. Seriously!!! Pinch me . . . . I must be dreaming! A whole three days of rubbing elbows with women who are making a living with their art, their words, their blogs, and their lives.

That's pretty powerful, inspiring stuff.

Another class I signed up for during this TCC Event is "Photography to Boost Your Creative Voice."  If you are a long-time reader of my blog, you might remember that I have made it a personal goal of mine to learn more about photography and learn to take better pictures, all the way back in 2009. When I saw this class option at TCC - I felt as if it was a silent whisper sent out in the universe for me to sign up for this one.

I love a good photograph, don't you? One where the lighting is just right - the colors work - the subject moves you. I find that I most enjoy taking photos very CLOSE UP . . . that might be my personal photography style. Here are a few of my favorite photos I have ever taken (hmmmm. . . most are photos of food. Well, photograph what you love, right?)













Yes, I sure do like to take those close up shots, don't I?

I have so much to learn about photography - these shots, I like to say, were pure LUCK. No skill, here. Just had a vision for the picture I wanted, worked at it, and then pressed the little button to make it happen.

I can't wait to share what I learn in September with you. If you are interested in more info about The Creative Connection Event, click here - or click the button on the left of this post.

Until then . . . grab your camera and share some tips - What do you do to capture that perfect picture?

Comments

  1. I love all these photos -- not sure which one is my favorite... probably all of them! And I am most excited for you and the conference! If I were more creative, I'd be joining you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fantastic - I really like the paint picture, and the one you took throw your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you have to wait til September to go??? I'm all excited for you NOW!! Man you are going to have soooo much fun and learn a TON!!!

    But seriously, your photo's are great already, I guess that means you'll be the top of your class when you get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you had a vision of what you wanted and kept shooting til you got it.
    I think my fave is the sunglass shot. No, the half opened sunflower. Wait, no...the Dunkin' Donuts shot. Or, how 'bout the cookies. Hell, I like 'em all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that a lot of picture taking needs to come from a vision...a very creative one of which you totally have my friend. Go you. These shots are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky to be taking classes with some awesome people!!!! And what wonderful pictures!!!! Love the closeups and oooo now Im hungry:O)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your photos are amazing. I love the chocolate chip cookie one. That photo makes my mouth water!! I want one!!:)

    Also love the one you took with your glasses...too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!