Celebrating Life Smash Book Idea

So, I'm trying to get my life together (she says, laughing.)

But, it's true. Does it sound easy?

It's not.

But, I'm trying.

Seems I've neglected a great deal of my life the past eight years . . . when becoming a Mom was my top priority (oh . . .that . . . and working a job, keeping a house functioning, meeting the demands of family members, and doing all the other things that I found myself doing the past eight years.)

But now . . . I've got a little time on my hands. So, I'm trying to get my life together.

I'm starting with my environment, first. My home. It's a lovely, warm, inviting place . . . full of little unorganized messes from room to room. This week, I am tackling my laundry/craft/catch all room - the one that seems to be the biggest obstacle in my creative life right now. I'll show you some before and after pictures when I'm finished with the whole project (because right now, it still looks a mess). But I am most excited because I am finally dedicating a creative space for myself in our home . . . and can't wait to share that with you, too.

In the meantime, I have been working on a few little crafty shmafty fun projects here and there. On Wednesday I revisited the whole "Smash Book" idea (click 'smash book' to be reminded of the last time I spoke about them) and put together this one . . .  a "Celebrate Life Smash".  This time, I am gathering stuff on the following topics:

  • My Blog (anything ideas that might come to mind here or there that I want to write a post on)
  • My PG and the Girls (from movie ticket stubs to photo booth pictures - here I will collect stuff from our daily lives)
  • My Loves (recipes that I cut out of magazines, cards I receive from friends, anything that really warms my heart will go in this section)
  • My Inspiration (what really makes me feel creative will go here)
Of course, every creation starts with a crazy table. Here was my table on Wednesday Morning . . .


Here is the cover of my "Celebrate Life" Smash Book. I used a standard composition book this time (school supply shopping time is right around the corner - you can really pick these up for next to nothing.) I love how the cover came out . . . .

I include a couple clear envelopes inside where I will keep additional papers to add as I fill up the book. The page on the right is the one leading into the "My Blog" section . . .

Then, my PG and the Girls section . . .

Next, my Loves . . .

And finally, my Inspiration . . .

I've already collected some awesome ATC cards from a friend of mine that I have placed in the Inspiration section, as well as a business card from Kelly Rae Roberts. I can't wait to start capturing even more goodies inside.

Katie loved this Smash Book project. Here is a picture of her making her very own smash book. This page is some of her favorite things cut out of an American Girl Doll magazine. She's so creative. I love that she loves this (and I love that she sticks her tongue out when she is really focused on something. I think I do the same thing!)



That's all for today, friends. Just a little post to let you see what I've been doing. I can't wait to share my laundry room/craft room transformation with you. . . the before photos are just awful and I can't wait to be able to show you how I worked it out. Most importantly, I can't wait to have a space to create (that doesn't require daily cleaning up before dinner.)

I'm sorry I'm absent from blog reading this week. I'm really taking a break from the computer and focusing on life. . . I'll be by soon - I promise. Have you tried a Smash Book yet? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. This is great! Oh how I wish I could fly up and do a little crafty time with you! I can learn from you, oh wise one. Plus, we could drink lots of coffee and talk until the wee hours, I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love that she sticks out her tongue when she creates! And yes, you do too.
    I'm excited to see your new craft space (don't even THINK you'll forgo the Scrap Cellar, chica!!). And I'm loving the new smash book. Yep, you're headed in the right direction, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the smash books are coming out just beautiful. I'm starting mine this weekend! But regarding those "before" and "after" photos of the laundry room... I must warn your readers... the "before" is NOT pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my very own Smash Idea that I will be sharing later on...it's something I'm doing for my 45the Birthday...that's all I'll say for now....

    LOVE your book girl and Katie's, too.

    You are amazing.

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!