Maybe it IS brain surgery

I have to brag a little. I have to brag because if you know me, you would know that I deserve to brag for this one. I have to brag because, my friends, I am getting my s*** together in the New Year! Yes, I am! (Sorry . . . there just isn't any better way to put it than that way.)

You see, I am disorganized. Ok . . . not disorganized . . . I mean, I understand where things are and why. Let me put it another way, as my dear blogfriend Doris has brilliantly named her blog, I am "Organized Chaos". Or, something like that. Whatever it is, I'm not totally proud of it. And it has made for a really stressful and hard time keeping track of the comings and goings of our house between the girls, PG and myself. I seem to always be a day late (and a dollar short) for everything. So, one of my additional goals for 2011 is to be a little more organized in my chaos.

And, friends . . . it's going to be fab-U-lous! Absolutely FAB-U-LOUS!

Each year I have done one of those big and pretty photo calendars for our family, with lovely pictures of the year before, and hung that on the inside of our pantry door. While it was lovely to look at, it was never very functional (one of those "out of sight, out of mind" sort of things), as I rarely remembered to update it and keep dates and appointments on it. And a workable calendar was greatly missed in my life. I had my blackberry for work and PG's schedule, a weekly paper tablet on the refrigerator for the girls weekly items, and my own small pocketbook calendar that stayed in my purse all year (and, when looked at at the end of the year, looks like we did NOTHING in 2010, because I never updated it.)

So, I was on the hunt for the perfect calendar this year. One that would be functional but pretty enough to leave on the frig, and one that would organize my chaos. I found it . . . and I'm in love . . .


Isn't it pretty? (And how cute is Ellie's little finger pointing at it?? Love that!)

I picked up this beauty at Walmart for $7.00. Seriously. I never knew that a $7 calendar could make me so HAPPY!!!! I then spent a good hour on Sunday with all the calendars from Katie's school, Ella's school, Religious Ed, Phil's work, and our household schedule, and wrote EVERYTHING down for the year. EVERYTHING. It even came with these really cute little stickers to easily identify the days activities. (BIG TIME family meeting with the girls to tell them these stickers were for the CALENDAR and for MOMMY and not to be taken and stuck anyplace else!)

Ok. . .ok . . .I get it. I know that this is not brain surgery. And I know that there are millions (I'm sure) of it people out there who juggle 100 x's what I juggle, and who have 20 x's the kids that I have. I've probably read their blogs (yes, those are the people who blog brilliant posts each and everyday, too!), and I'm envious of all of their abilities ... really, I am. 

But for me . . . maybe it IS brain surgery. Maybe, in my little organized chaos mind, a simple $7.00 calendar is like brain surgery, and it can make MY BRAIN better. Yep, I totally BELIEVE that it can!  

Comments

  1. You crack me up.
    You can do it! I live by planners and calenders and I will admit, they make me a tad excited...that's until I realize all the crap I have to do...but at least it looks all pretty and neat on the calender and I won't ever never forget my mother in laws birthday again.
    Baby steps my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just this morning I finished plugging in all the dates on the aforementioned "pretty photos" calendar. I always feel better when that's done, and it used to be my New Year's Day tradition (somehow, it got away from methis year). Since it's only he and me, my photo calendar works. But if I had 4 people and your schedule, I'd go with that $7 wonder calendar, too!! What an awesome 2011 we will have! (Did you plug in the scrap dates yet???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect, absolutely perfect! It's cute, it's fun, it's easy to use ... worth every penny of your investment ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, if you BELIEVE you can be organized you can be...What a perfect example with that cute little schedule!!1

    You're on the right track my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh!!! I love the calendar and the enthusiasm you have for it! I love getting organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the calendar. I love the simple things that make us happy. I saw that as I sit at the messiest dest EVER! Getting to that right...........now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. whatever works, that's what counts!!! it will simplify your life, no doubt...
    happy new year sweet friend...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS a beaut, Clark!!

    It's pretty and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one. It made me chuckle. Keeping schedules is a job in it of itself, but I have something too, that recently not only made my day...but is STILL making my day.....

    A new faucet. It's not a big deal. It wasn't that expensive, but it's new, modern looking and so shiny ALL THE TIME. I LOVE that. We got it in a while ago, like months ago, and even today, I wiped it clean to see it sparkle, it just looks amazing, and has no leaking and works every time.

    Sometimes, it's the simple things that make our lives a bit more satisfying.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to go check it out. Looks pretty good from what I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm proud of you girl...you should brag. and btw I am envious or your ability to write brilliant blog posts each and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to get organized also! My house needs to be organized! I find myself always having a pile of laundry piling up to be folded and junk mail, etc. The calendar is cute and I think it helps when you reall;y like something that helps to keep you organized! Thank you for asking about my husband and mom. My mom is still in a lot of pain, but not like it was. She could not even move for quite a while without crying. Now she is getting around. My husband is very tired and weak, but is doing much better also. His body went through a lot, so it will take time. Thank you for asking about them. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I soo Love ur posts!!! They make me laugh and giggle:O) I am still looking for my perfect calender, found my planner and realized when i got home it was the wrong one ugh...So I will be making a trip to Walmart to check out there calenders!!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you! All organized and stuff, I still don't even have a 2011 Calendar! How on earth did that happen! I am happy for you that things are coming together for you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!