My Weekend Pick-me-up that would make Martha Stewart proud!


In addition to my word of "Believe" this year, I'm trying very hard to organize a few things in my life,like:
  1. me
  2. our kids lives and schedules
  3. our bills
  4. our home (i.e., cabinets, drawers, closets, photo albums, laundry room, pantry, um. . . pretty much every part of it.)
It's a big ol'pain in the tuckus, but a necessity. The driving force behind it all is one simple question that I ask myself, "What would Martha Stewart think if she opened this cabinet {closet, drawer, whatever it may be}?" 

But you know, organizing this house is not as easy as it sounds. I often wish I had some magical powers where I could stretch my arms out and expand each cabinet just a few more inches, or each room just a few more feet, just so I could have a little more space. I love my house, I really really do. And I don't really dream of owning a big ol'mansion any point in this life of mine. But a few more feet here or there would be so lovely.

Ah, well.

Until then, we must work with what we have. And let me tell you, I'm working it. . . .

Friday, on my weekly trip to Costco (yes, I pretty much shop there weekly - because I LOVE ME my COSTCO!), I was on the hunt for new tupperware, or food storage containers. My tupperware cabinet has been a thorn in my side for some time. It seems most of our containers have been microwaved and dishwasher spotted for way too long. Covers were missing from so many of what was in my cabinet, that finding a match was a nightmare. Where do the covers even go? I'm certain there must be some tupperware fairy who flies from house to house taking covers from everyone, because I always seem to loose mine! That, or perhaps I should buy the girls a REAL Frisbee. Hmmm. . .

Anyway, back to Costco, where I purchased a beaUtiful set of Rubbermaid food storage containers. Absolutely lovely, decorative, MATCHING, so lovely.

I came home, and with garbage bag in hand, I cleaned out my cabinet. Well. . . ok. Not really the WHOLE cabinet. But one shelf. And let me tell you . . . I have a new shelf that would make even Martha Stewart HERSELF proud. See for yourself . . .


Beautiful, isn't it? Everything has a place. All covers are located closely to their counterpart . . . waiting to be selected. Just lovely.

I feel so lucky to have this shelf. I joked with my girlfriend that when the going gets tough (and the disorganization of the rest of my house really gets on my nerves), at least I have this ONE SHELF to remind me of a simpler, organized life.

Of course, the rest of the cabinet isn't looking so good.


But that's ok. I'll work on that another day. For now, let's just enjoy the ONE, again . . .
Isn't it pretty?

Do you have "A" shelf in your home? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know about it.

Comments

  1. Good for you. Keep up the great work. Wish we lived closer to each other because I love to organize stuff.

    Please share your secrets on how you do your headers. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggle* I love it. You were making me jealous! Then reality set in.

    However, great idea - throw out all of that crap, and start new. (Why is the kitchen the LAST place we ever get rid of anything??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acutally, I think the whole darned cabinet looks really good...you don't even wanna see mine... lol Way to go, girl. You're inspiring me to do the very same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Organization is up up up up there on my list. I like the whole blog, too! Great look. I will be back to check more out. Visiting from Social Tea Party! Traci (Food and Fitness).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have absolutely no good shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny. I often think what would Bree (from Desperate Housewives) do? Instead of WWJD it's WWBD (except I'm all about WWJD for real).

    Your shelf is so satisfying to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That one shelf will shame the others into whipping themselves into shape! (And they're not even in bad shape, in my opionion.) You'll wake up one morning and, voila! It will all be beautiful, because the other shelves (and hey, why not the cupboards and closets, too???) will have become so embarrassed that they felt compelled to transform themselves ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One organized shelf helps take a little bit of chaos out of your life, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!