Saddest Day of the Year, for real?

I was totally surprised when my blog friend Jules from "Ad Bits" comment yesterday that she wasn't surprised I was a little gloomy, as researchers have said that the third Monday after the New Year is historically the "saddest day of the year". Seriously?

Not that I ever thought for a minute that my dear friend would steer me wrong . . . but I googled it. And can you believe it . . . there is lots about it. It's also referred to as Blue Monday, the third Monday after the New Year, when the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over and we are left with some sort of philosophical equation to support our woes. 

If I would have read about this last week, I would thought it was a bunch of malarkey.

But I wonder why it is that I felt so gray yesterday? Can there be some truth to it?  How did YOU feel?

I will say that, aside from waking up with a head cold (yes, I felt that coming on yesterday - and it has kicked in), my spirit feels TONS better today. Maybe there is something to do with Blue Monday. Hmmmm . . .

Or maybe I just need something to warm my heart a little . . . that's all.

Let's try that, shall we. Here are a few random photos from last summer that make me feel  . . . happy!





That was lovely. I feel a little warmer. Just a little.

But I am wondering . . . did you have the blues yesterday? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know. And, how do you feel today?

Comments

  1. I didn't feel so bad, but Saturday was awful for me. Then again, I live in Hawaii. It's hard to get winter "blues"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I was kind of overwhelmed and felt fat all day! Today I am lighter!!!:)

    Love your sweet Valentine look:)

    I am off to answer all those questions on my blog today!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Monday was okay because there was no school and I got to sleep in! Love your summer pics, especially the blow up pool! Not to rub it in, but it was 73 degrees here in the desert yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for the bright and sunny photos!

    Is that factoid also tied to people giving up on their resolutions by 3 weeks in, so they're bummed about that, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt cabin-fever antsy yesterday. I was such a baby, my sis had to make dinner solo (and she cleaned!)

    Despite the bleak skies & rain, I *do* feel a bit better today. Hopefully, we'll all start feeling the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt okay yesterday, but the sunshine today has me feeling MUCH happier! My personality is thankful that the hustle and bustle of the holidays is over - although I do appreciate time with family.
    I love the summer pictures. I think I should peruse my summer pictures whenever I'm having a blue day, as I love the heat and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say that I felt any worse yesterday than any other day. Migraines. Migraines. Migraines. I did write a post on Timing Is Everything and kept listening to that song over and over again. It didn't make me feel sad exactly. It actually made me happier. So there you go...

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHhh...yup...that hit the spot. Thanks my dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't say anything was amiss yesterday and right now I'me feeling great! I'm in my sewing room working on a quilt and blogging!!

    Love your pictures they made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! I'm so happy Google backed me up! Half the time I don't know what I'm talking about so I'm happy there was something to my rambling in this case! :) LOVE the pictures. Must dig up some of ours and post them around the house. Maybe invest in a cactus? We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well yesterday definitly wasn't one of my better days, but I attributed it to starting a new job and having to get up at 5:00 a.m. Of course, today was almost worse because I had to up my wake up to 4:30 a.m because of the shift change. Ugg...but maybe Blue Monday played a role in it in a weird sort of way?

    ReplyDelete
  12. crap!! I cant remember MOnday!!! My memory is not like it used to be....but what i do remember is that i did get a lil happy bc the sun peeked for just a lil bitthanx for sharing the pics the sunflower made me smile:O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm feeling blue toDAY. These photos helped though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!