Random Thoughts on the Drive Home #2

Yesterday was a challenging day at work . . . not home. Home was great. Work, stressful. We all have days like that, I know.

Yesterday was mine.

I had to pick the girls up from my Mom's after work, which allowed me a little more time in the car. Since my home is just about 10 minutes from my office, I don't mind the extra quiet car time. And yesterday, I used it well.

Yes, time for another Random Thinking Moment. I haven't had many of these lately . . . must mean I'm not "thinking" very often. But yesterday was a good one.

After all the stress of the day, the words, "There has GOT to be a better way" kept popping up into my head.

So, I decided that I need to start a business. But not by myself ... nope ... I think my sister, my dear friend 2E, and I should start a business. Yep. Because I think the three of us could really do it.

Oh, wait. What about PK .... she's a genius. We'll definitely need her expertise. Oh, then how about Cindi (our other Scrap Cellar chick), well, how could I start a business without her? Yes, Cindi is on board too. Oh, dear, I wish my blog friend Nicole lived here, because I know with her energy - we could REALLY get things going. Oh, let's throw Nicole into the mix, just for fun.

So, Laura, Touhy, PK, Cindi, and Nicole. Ok. That sounds good.

Now, what kind of business?

Well, what do I like to do?

Well, I like to write. I like to draw. (I know, I sound 7.) I like to scrapbook (doesn't help in the maturity department, does it?) I can throw one heck of a party. Oh, and Touhy is in the trade show biz, so perhaps we incorporate her brilliant planning skills and my brilliant party skills, my sisters organization and business skills, and PK and CE's creative skills, and Nicole's brilliant marketing and PSA skills, and . . . . girls, we've got ourselves one kick ass business.

I hope they don't mind if my salary is the highest (the random thinking continues).

I mean, I'm the one who is coming up with this kick ass business idea.

Oh, speaking of kick ass . . . I wonder if my blog friend Michelle would relocate here . . . because I think she's really funny, and we'll need someone to make us laugh in the office for those days when we are all PMS'ing really bad. So, maybe we'll have to add Michelle to the business.

Ok, back to the business.

So, we've got looks ;), brains, creative ideas, energy, marketing, humor. Yep, I think we are good.

Oh, I wonder what we'll have for lunch when we have our business (random thinking usually turns to food when I'm hungry.) Maybe we could open our business up in Oak Park, near Penny's. I love Penny's. Oh, did I ever tell my blog friends about Penny's? I don't think so, I'll have to tell them about that place some time. Oh, wait . . . I'm loosing myself. Let's get back to to the business.

So, food. I wonder if we'll work next to a Starbucks . . . or if we'll need a coffee pot. Maybe we can have  our office in the same building WITH a Starbucks . . . . NOW we're talking.

Yes, this will be lovely, won't it?

Hmmm . . . so, what did I say our business was going to be?

Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm in a room, with my favorite people, having my favorite foods . . . Oh, wait, Mary from Food Floozie, she's wonderful! Maybe she'll relocate and join our business, too. I mean, we'll need a chef in the office . . . won't we? Yes, she'll have to join us.

Ok, I digress. I'm in a room, with my favorite people, having my favorite foods . . . who needs work?

And with that . . . I pulled into my Mom's driveway, and the reality set in.

I felt a little sad . . . but then really happy. Because I knew I had to drive home from there . . . and could only imagine where my Random Thinking Moment would take me next!

What about you? Done any "Random Thinking" lately?

Comments

  1. I would be honored to be your PR girl. :-) What a wonderful random thinking moment! I love where those take you...

    Also.. you never know Leanne... you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES!!!! Let's start a business! What should it be? I always do my best thinking behind the wheel, so I'll be thinking about that as I drive around today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flights of fancy like this! Who knows? Your brain may just be planting a seed!

    Thanks for your recent comments. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. That made your drive ever so much more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you would get paid the highest! Ha! You did come up with the plan and did a lot of random thinking about it! I think you should start your own business. It is something I would like to do, but I am better at helping others get going. You know, it all makes sense when talking to someone else, but when it comes to actually doing it, well, hmmmmm. I hope you are doing great!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you move up to Oak Park? Cuz that would be quite the commute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "random thinking"!! My husband thinks I'm queen of random thinking. But oh, the possibilities!! I think your business idea sounds awesome...inspite of the fact that you don't know what you will do! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I ever do any non random thinking? No way... random nonsense fills my head from sunrise to sunset :-)
    Hope your business dream comes true some day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I'm on board!! Wait, let me get this straight... we're going into business kicking asses??? And we can make money at this???

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA...just think of all the thinking you could do if you had to make a commute across the border every day like I do...all those lines to pass through customs...so many thoughts...mostly of "FACK, I totally should have got in the other lane" and "Jebus why didn't I just take the job in Canada"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!