This Week I am Grateful for . . .

There has been a dark, ugly, stormy cloud over many blogland friends this week. I seem to have come across post after post of heart breaking news that many in our blogland community are dealing with, specifically some really tragic  unexpected loses of spouses, siblings and parents.  2011 is starting as a year full of horrific times for so many.

While I spend my quiet time reflecting on the friends whose lives have been drastically changed, I am reminded of the blessings in my life. Today I thought I would participate in "Maxabella Loves..."  wonderful weekly gratitude post . . .


This week, I am grateful for . . .
  • My Sister: I have to say that this week, like so many many weeks before, I am grateful for my sister, Laura. You may know her from her blog "The Adventures of Mr. CT and Me." My sister is my rock, my cheerleader, my supporter, my confidant, my personal shopper, my nanny, my encourager, my reminder, my comedian, and above all else, my friend. I am very grateful to have her in my life.
  • My Job: I realize how blessed and grateful I am to be employed, in a time when so many around me are still out of work. While I am not the main bread winner in our family, loosing my job would still be detrimental, and I am forever grateful to have a place to work, a job to do, and a pay check to receive. Seriously. 
  • Forgiveness: After years and years of hard feelings, I've worked diligently on the whole idea of FORGIVENESS this week, and I am grateful to both receive it and give it, when it really really matters. 
Of course, there are so many other things I am thankful for. Today, it was my hope to highlight just a few of them.

Wishing you all a Grateful weekend, my friends!

Comments

  1. Hi! This is the second time I have visited your site from a blog hop. I have really enjoyed reading both times, so I am a follower now!
    Reminding ourselves to be grateful is a wonderful habit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful things you listed. Thanks for all the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis - sniffle... sniffle... right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am from the Lady Blogger Tea Party. I love reading posts about gratitude. It is the most powerful tool we have. It tends to help us put our life in perspective! Thanks for sharing your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post my dear friend Leanne!!! A great reminder to be grateful for the blessings in our lives!! Thanks for sharing yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in awe of your relationship with your sister. How beautiful. You deserve happiness and showing gratitude is an awesome way to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you're stopping and being grateful. we need to do this more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Leanne, this post really lifted my spirits, thank you for joining in.

    Forgiveness - what a wonderful thing to experience and be grateful for. Forgiveness (whether of or by others or yourself) is like someone has handed you the keys to your cage. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - I have not 'met' your sister, but I will pop over right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post found you through lady blogger

    http://becca-mycrazystuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for what I have. As I read this post, P!nk's song, "Who knew" was playing in the background...

    "When someone said count your blessings now
    'fore they're long gone I guess I just didn't know how"

    ReplyDelete
  13. BTW, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Valentine's day theme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the nudge to make the gratitude list! And LOVE the new header ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry things aren't all rosey in your world!

    On the upside...no more twitter posts from me for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!