Cinnamon Spice, and EVERYTHING Nice!

Yesterday I got into my car and immediately had CHRISTMAS smack me in the face. Well, in the nose, to be exact. My dear husband hung the most wonderful little Yankee Candle Cinnamon Spice Air Freshener in my car, and the scent pulled me 51 days ahead - to CHRISTMAS! (Yes, I know that I'm a little early. PLEASE forgive me . . . I'm just in that CHRISMAS MOOD! I know! I KNOW! It's crazy . . . . but I LOVE IT!!!)

I LOVE CHRISTMAS and EVERYTHING NICE about it!

I LOVE that it is the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus - and our nativity set, with twinkle lights glowing by its side, brings me to that special night so many, many years before.

I LOVE that it is a time to unpack charming, magical decorations and turn the house into the VERY BEST place in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

I LOVE that it is the one time of year when I can walk through stores singing aloud to the BEST SONGS EVER WRITTEN, and not have too many people look at me like I'm crazy.

I LOVE that we can bake thousands of cookies that are the most delicious delicacies and yummiest of goodies, and put them all out on a tray to feast our eyes (and taste buds) upon.

I LOVE that no matter how cold it gets outside - our house is always cozy cozy warm and overflowing with spirit.

I LOVE that my children love this time of year as much as I do and that no matter what day it is, or what time of year it is, we can put on Polar Express and be lost in the magic of that story.

I LOVE that my husband understands my wish to make this the most wonderful time of the year and always goes along with it without any questions or concerns. Just by taking the time to hang this little scent of CHRISTMAS in my car is proof that he totally gets me! I LOVE THAT!

And I LOVE that just by getting into my car today, I was reminded of all of the above.

Yes, I love Christmas.

This year I am going to be taking part in a scrapbook project developed by scrapbooking guru, Ali Edwards (read more about the project from Ali's website here.) The project is a December Daily 2009 Book, for collecting and recording all those special moments during the month of December. Ali motivates and inspires me so much - and since this year I am feeling the Christmas spirit SO MUCH - this project seems a "must do" for me.

I'll be sharing bits and pieces of my album with you as I go along. So far, I have collected my supplies and am beginning to prepare my album. The goal is to have the album and pages within it all ready before December 1 arrives, so that once the month is here - the only time I will spend on it is the daily journaling itself (brilliant!)



Here are some of the Christmas supplies I hope to somehow incorporate into this album. My scrapbook style has historically been relatively safe, with a bit of "fun" thrown into it. This December Daily Book is going to be an eclectic grouping of various papers, patterns and textures, and I'm totally excited about it! I'm thinking outside of the box on this one . . . and it feels WONDERFUL . . . just like Christmas!

Yes, "Cinnamon Spice" and Everything Nice.

That's what THIS girl is dreaming of . . . .

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see how this album progresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cinnamon car air freshener - if Yankee Candle is reading this blog - please make it more easy to buy! Glad it made your season babe and thanks for helping me to enjoy Christmas again.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!