Fun Photos from Halloween!

Just a few photos of the fun this Halloween!!!!

We made this AWESOME non-alcoholic punch that really was so yummy, I wanted to share the recipe with you. I don't know about you - but I LOVE a good punch bowl recipe. It's so classic to me, as I remember a punch bowl was a must at every big family gathering in my house growing up. I found this recipe for "Witches' Brew Punch" and we made it for our Halloween gathering, and it was a BIG HIT! The only thing that made it "halloweenie" was that I took 3 packages of fruit snacks and put them in 2 plastic gloves, then poured cold water over the fruit snacks and placed them in the freezer. Once frozen, I peeled the gloves off and placed the "hands" in the bowl (although, all the "fingers" fell off during this step, but everyone still enjoyed the effort!) But this step could totally be omitted, if you wanted to make this punch for something non-halloween related.

Witches' Brew Punch
The recipe for the punch is as follows:
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 box (4 oz serving size) orange flavored gelatin
  • 1 can (46 oz) pinapple juice, chilled
  • 1 quart (4 cups) apple cider, chilled
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1 bottle (33.8 oz) ginger ale, chilled

in 3-quart pitcher or bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in pineapple juice, apple cider and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, pour punch into punch bowl and gently stir in ginger ale.

* * BONUS IDEA: I was just thinking that this would be DELICIOUS for Thanksgiving! Instead of the frozen hands. . . .simply freeze slices of oranges, lemons, and apples in a jello ring and place that in the bowl. How lovely would that be???

(SIDE NOTE: A couple adults in our group were looking for a little additional "flavoring" and added a bit of vodka, which worked quite well with everything else in this punch.)

Now, back to a few other photos from the day . . . .Ella as our Pink Pirate was just too cute for words!

Katie as our Glamorous Witch was just so perfect!

As with any party in our house. . . .the desserts out did themselves!!! Pumpkin cheescake, little ghost cookies and our family favorite Chocolate Krazy Cake, all decorated in true Halloween fashion. Such a great day!
Thanks for indulging me in what is now my final Halloween post of the season! I can't wait for next year!!!

Comments

  1. Loved that punch with the vodka in it! That was my most favorite Halloween ever. You always make those holidays fun.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!