Sunday Thankful Moment

During this weeks installment of Sunday Thankful Moment, I am shining some light on someone new, and saying "Thanks for being a part of my Life" to my neighbor and friend, Sherri.
Sherri is my Scary Movie friend, my Coupon Queen hero, my super Mom idol, my WW buddy, my Room Mom partner, and someone who always makes me laugh. She is my hard headed Italian friend, who would give the shirt off her back to anyone if they needed it. And she'll give you a 1/2 gallon of ice cream from her freezer, too, if you really really need it (which is kind of funny - since she is my WW buddy!)

This week, Sherri and I were to join the dreaded WW (Weight Watchers) together. Being the totally awesome Mom that she is, Sherri forgot that she signed up for a school event with her youngest son on the very night our first meeting was to take place. She felt awful that she could not join me, but made sure I knew she was IN and next week would be at the meeting with me.

She just called me last night, to ask how I was doing with my first two days on the program. And I said, quite honestly, awful. I told her how frustrated and disgusted I was. I vented and vented. I spoke truthfully and honestly, and she listened, as a good friend would. When I finished, she simply said, "We're gonna get there. We will. We'll do it together." And that was it. She can pick me up at any time.

When Phil is out of town, Sherri checks on me and offers help. And she is so sweet to my girls . . . always calling them "the prettiest girls on the block", which causes my Katie to just beam! I'm so grateful that 8 years ago we moved into this neighborhood and ended up right next door to each other.

Love Ya Sher! And Thank You, for being a part of my life. Let's go get a coffee tonight!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John F Kennedy

Comments

  1. Yup, Sherri is definitely in the "Good Egg" category, as in, "She's a good egg!", as in, good people with a good heart. This is a nice blog. Oh, and I love the JFK quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, Leanne!!! Lucky you to have a neighbor like Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs a Sherri. It's been a long time since I've had a good neighbor...sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Leanne! Your such a sweetheart. I love reading your blogs and never would have dreamed that I would be one of them. I feel so honored. I love you, Phil and the girls. Your entire family is always smiling and it is very contagious. I'm so glad your a part of my life. Your an inspiration to us all. Thank you very much for being YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!