Happy Thanksgiving Week!

So, the tree didn't quite make it up yesterday . . . turns out that cold both Phil and I have been dealing with took more energy out of us than I first gave it credit for (that, and, our kids took alot out of us, too!) It wasn't until around 4:00 pm that we thought we'd start - then I looked at the clock and said, "Are we crazy?" (You know the answer to that one already!) However this time we decided against the craziness and did not put the tree up. It's o.k., and as my dear friend PK reminded me - I haven't even had my turkey yet. So, looks like we'll have our Thanksgiving sans Christmas tree.

Speaking of turkey (and since it IS Thanksgiving week) I ask you . . .

Have you hugged your Turkey today?

This photo was taken by Phil a few years ago, during a visit to a local pumpkin patch and farm. We stood watching this turkey for a quite a while when Phil braved getting up close and snatched this shot just in time. The second the camera "clicked", this turkey pecked Phil . . . and we laughed and laughed (then laughed some more after seeing this awesome shot.) This has been our posterchild for Thanksgiving ever since, and I just had to share it with you this week.

So, go out there today and hug your turkey, ok? ; )

Comments

  1. Oohhhh!! You can see it in that turkey's eyes...he wants a piece of PG!!! Happy Thanksgiving Week, Leanne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest photo!! You know this week has always been my favorite!! The kids will be home for 5 days, we always see a few movies at the theaters, we go shopping and pumpkin pie. I LOVE IT!!

    Happy Thanksgiving week, Leanne!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this photo! Makes me want Tofurkey this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!