Happy November and a Sunday Thankful Moment

What a great time of year . . . the Month of Thankfulness.

This month, I am taking lead from my blog buddy Kiki and am going to do my very best to remember those for whom I am most thankful. I hope to share my Thankful Moments with you each Sunday in November . . . for I feel there is no better way to start the week than remembering those I am thankful for.

Today, I am feeling a great amount of gratitude for my Family - for those who have become my family and who fit my definition of family. I had each of those people in my home yesterday, and after spending a great afternoon and evening with them I am feeling such thankfulness for having this group in my life. We, together, are dysfunctional, quirky, fun and totally honest. We are what we are. And each of the people here yesterday are so important to me.

I took a moment yesterday and watched this group who gathered in my home as they conversed with each other. I thought about all the people in the world who don't have their family near them, and how much I would be missing if these people were not in my life - enjoying my children, laughing with me, supporting all of us. I would be at a loss without them. And I am so grateful for each of them.

I recently wrote this post about writing a Gratitude List of 100 Things I am Grateful For (my friend Cindi recommended). I haven't done as good a job on my list as I would like, but the feeling of gratitude in my heart is still so prevalant that I decided to write about it here (in the meantime). I still hope to get my 100 list together. Until then - my Sunday Thankful Moments will do. And each moment will conclude with a quote by someone far wiser than I, to remind us all how important it is to recognize each other. Thank you, for allowing me this Thankful Moment. Until next time . . .

Feeling Gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. - William Arthur Ward

Comments

  1. Okay, so as much as I dislike Halloween...I make it up for loving Thanksgiving, and thanks giving. Expressing gratitude is the first step we take in healing this world of ours! I'm on board, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!