Sunday Thankful Moment

Even though I am spending some much needed positive spirit time, I could not forget this weeks Sunday Thankful Moment. And this, I must say, is the tops!

This week, I have to say, hands down, that I am so very very Thankful for my absolutely amazing, supportive, and wonderful husband, Phil.

My Phil Guy is truly 1 in a million, and I am so blessed that he asked me to walk through this life together, hand in hand, with him. He has been working so hard the past few weeks (years is more like it - but especially hard the past few weeks) and putting so much into his job. I have probably seen him a total of 10 hours in 2 weeks. While this is not good (and I worry constantly about him), I am so incredibly proud of him, all that he has accomplished, and all that he continues to do. He is an absolutely amazing father - truly - probably the best father I've ever seen. And our daughters adore him with all of their heart. And he truly makes me laugh like no one else on this earth.

I don't think I've ever told you how my husband became Phil Guy. It's a cute story to share. And believe it or not, we have my Mom to thank for it.

When I was in high school and
college, my Mom was generally a bit concerned about my friends when she would first meet them. (Back then I didn't quite appreciate or understand why she was that way. Now that I am a Mom, I completely understand. . . funny how that happens, isn't it?) Anyway, Mom would always refer to any new friend of mine with a "that" in front of their name. That Sheila. That Pam. That John. To Mom, it didn't matter who they were - they could have been the son or daughter to the President of the United States, and I think Mom would still have referred to them with a that. If Mom really didn't like them, my friend would also be recognized not only with a that. . . but with their gender following their name. For example, Mom would say, "That Sheila Girl", "That John Guy". NOT a good thing. It would take a friend of mine a fairly long time to have the that dropped from their name (if they were lucky).

When Mom first met Phil, it was no exception . . . he was immediately "That Phil Guy" (uh-oh!) He was That Phil Guy for a while . . . but not forever (which IS a good thing!) One day, the that dropped. I don't remember exactly when, but all of a sudden . . . there was no "that".

But the Phil Guy stayed.

With ALL of us. And that is why we call him Phil Guy.

And I am so very thankful, and blessed, to have him.

Comments

  1. Your Phil Guy sounds like my Dave Guy...one amazing man!! My husband is the best, too and works so we can live the best life. My kids adore him and I adore him. We are two blessed gals!!

    Love your new blog look, btw!!:)

    Les

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!