December Daily - are you ready?

I almost am! I've been spending some last minutes on my December Daily book and am almost ready for December 1st! This project (created by scrapbook guru Ali Edwards - click here for a link to her site) has been such fun. The project is to prepare an album/scrapbook to hold photos and memories of this December 2009 for my family.

Here are a few shots of the album so far:
I'm really happy with the cover. I've decided to use an 8x8 chipboard album, and have added additional 6x6 plastic sheets, 8x8 plastic sheets, and 8x8 transparencies in between. My goal was to step out of the comfort zone (which would have been a standard album with same size pages inside). But I really wanted to do something different here.

I also wanted to do everything with supplies I had IN MY OWN store! I didn't want to go out and spend any money (or - only wanted to spend very little), and I'm proud that I really followed that idea. Like most scrapbookers, I have a huge amount of supplies that I've collected through the years, so I went shopping in my own bins and containers - and those of my sister ; ) - and used what I had on hand. The only thing I bought for the project was the 8x8 chipboard binder (on sale for $8.99 at a local store), the 1-25 numbers stickers ($3.99), and 2 packs of matching transparency embellishments ($5.00 total). Not that bad. All of the paper I used and the other embellishments are things I had on hand.

I found a red lunch bad in my supplies and decided to do something fun with it. LOVE it! I might have Katie write a note on the little sheet that pulls out. What a sweet remembrance that would be.
I am really happy with the wide variety of textures, colors and shapes that became the final album, and I can't wait for December 1 - to start collecting my thoughts. This is definitely going to be an album for my family to enjoy for years to come.

Comments

  1. Oh, wow!! CUTE, Leanne!!:) Mine is all ready to go, too. We'll have to share!!:) Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Y'done good, BFF! Can't wait to see the finished one (complete with pics and journaling) after Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is beautiful! I can't wait to see it filled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!