Counting my Blessings

I'm a little beind on the "thankful and grateful" wagon, so please forgive me as I spend a couple days this week sharing some of my blessings with you. I have a lot of them.  Many have to do with my children. Others have to do with my marriage. A bunch have to do with my friends. And then there is a whole slew of them that have to do with my family, my extended family that is (sister, brothers, mother, in-laws and all the rest.)

Did I ever tell you that I work with one of my mother-in-laws? I have two of them, you know, because one mother-in-law just wasn’t enough for me! ;) I have a great relationship with both of these ladies . . . which is a blessing all on its own.

But I what I am really really grateful for, is that my mother-in-law Rita, whom I spend many of my days with in the office, totally and completely GETS me. The truth of the matter is that I am not an easy person to get. I’m moody, I’m a big ol’PMS nightmare of a female, and I can be a complete pain in the bottom. Yes, hard to believe, I know. I’m throwing all of the dirty laundry out there for all of you.

Having to share an office with me certainly is no picnic for dear Rita. I talk to myself out loud. Yes, I’m an exclaimer (remember that one?) And when something (or someone) frustrates me, I talk out loud . . . loudly. But believe me, she can handle it. Oh, yes. She gives it out, too.

Like one day last week . . . I had just read a few emails that rubbed me the wrong way, and I was exclaiming. I think the actual words that came out of my mouth were something like, “Is it me? Am I crazy??” or something like that. And Rita, who usually does a really good job ignoring my outbursts, simply replied, “Yes.”

There you have it. My mother-in-law confirmed exactly what I questioned all this time. That, yes, I am crazy. Having Rita say “yes” to my “Am I crazy?” question just tickled me, and I laughed and laughed. Because I know that she gets me . . . crazy and all.

And that is my blessing for today.

Thanks, Rit, for being in my life. I love you like “crazy.”

Comments

  1. That's really great! What a blessing. Granted - I adore my MIL - it's just that.. she doesn't speak English. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blessing has been and always will be mine - my daughter-in-law, friend and slightly crazy co-worker . . . how do you always know . . .
    Hugs - Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Rita too!!!! What a great post, Sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe....that is really sweet Leanne! So happy that you are blessed with such wonderful women in your life. It is so important that the people we know "Get" us. Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are! I have a great MIL too (just one, however). Looking forward to spending this week with my folks and my inlaws! I hope y'all have a fantastic holiday as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!