Greetings and Salutations!

Finally! Time to sit down at my beloved computer and reconnect . . . ah, this feels SO GOOD! What a busy weekend, and so sorry for that unexpected hiatus. I didn't quite see it coming, and would have surely warned you about it had I known. But, you know . . . sometimes that darn "LIFE" just gets in the way from writing a good old blog post. Ah, well. I'm here, I'm happy, and I'm so glad to see you. How are you?

The first thing I read when sitting down at the computer tonight, was a lovely little note from my dear friend Michelle (Blissful Babble lady) who sent me an email asking me if I found my brain yet. (My last post was about loosing it! So silly ... love that Michelle!) She also offered to call the authorities to check on me . . . which I actually contemplated having her do, because perhaps an overnight stay in a padded room would come in handy every once in a while.  However, dear Michelle figured it out when she said, "I bet you even have all your decorations up and are completing your Christmas crafts."

Uh-oh.

She knows me oh-so well! Yes, it's true . . . I have been decking the halls, and all that other stuff, for days now.

I know, I know, I can hear you, "IT'S NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING, LEANNE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??"

Truth is . . .
  1. I love Christmas.
  2. I love decorating for Christmas.
  3. I love to sing Christmas carols when I decorate.
  4. I love to decorate early.
  5. I love to take the decorations down late.
  6. I love Christmas (oh, I said that already . . . but I love it so much, it's worth mentioning again.)
  7. I love to, traditionally, put all the decorations up the weekend before Thanksgiving. My sister usually hosts Thanksgiving . . . so why NOT get ready for Christmas at my house? 
  8. I love to celebrate my anniversary with PG the Friday after Thanksgiving, and to come home after a lovely overnight get-away, finding the house all ready for the next festive month ahead.
  9. I love to share the joy of the season with my daughters for as long as possible.
  10. I love Christmas (yes, I mention it, again.)
So, here is a little photo montage of some decor we put out this weekend.  I apologize for the blurry photos, but I really felt it was important to post these ASAP, before my dear friend ;) calls the authorities on me!!!

I blame these darn cinnamon scented pine cones for starting the whole "early decorating" thing. You see, early last week I took a little field trip to Michaels Craft Store and was immediately met with the scent of lovely cinnamon and spice. Ahhh . . . I love them! So, I was suckered into purchasing two bags of these yummy smelling pine cones (hey, they were on sale - 2/$5, not bad.) They quickly were put into a basket on our coffee table, and multiple times a day I find myself going into the living room for extra sniffs! So simple and so lovely.

Have I told you that in addition to cinnamon scented pine cones, I absolutely adore Nutcrackers? My sister and brother-in-law have been the biggest contributors to my collection (THANK YOU, LT & CT!!) I'll have to share better photos of them with you next month, and the whole story behind why I love them so.

 The real reason of the season . . . a gentle reminder of this beautiful night.
 I have a "thing" for snowmen, too!

A new decoration, also from my sister (I am so blessed to have my sister!) LOVE LOVE LOVE these letters. You can love them, too, if you have a Costco near you!

Oh, and one more thing to share with you. Something that I have been working on (like CRAZY!!!)  Remember my recent post on my latest Holiday project? Well . . . here is a peek of what I've been doing. It's not completely done yet, so I can't share the full picture. But, I've been spending every evening this past week working on this (which is the main reason I've been absent from here). It's so lovely . . . my Grandma would be proud!!!

So, that pretty much brings you up to date on the land of "From Chaos Comes Happiness", at least for today! I've got lots of fun posts scheduled for later this week . . . from Turkey stories to Pie Memories, there will be lots of thankful moments to share!

Until then, what have YOU been doing??? Leave me a comment. I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. Beautiful Leanne - I bet Christmas at your house is wonderful, magical and blissful! Your Granny craft looks really good! I really like the little tree pots with lights and the nativity scene. I actually have a runner that looks very similar!

    Sooooooooooo glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly miss the days when I loved Christmas that much. Was not that long ago really. We lived in Tx. Starting before Turkey day we decorated the house and the yard. We lit up the neighborhood. Then every square inch of the downstairs of our two story home, was decorated...started the day after Thanksgiving. Not a space was without Christmas cheer. It would take me a week of decorating all day. I had at least three - four trees. Each room was a different theme. It truly was a wonderland from the moment you walked in...even the bathroom did not escape. It was magical. I loved it. Made me happy. When we moved we gave away most of our decor, smaller home dictated less. Now in the apartment, well there is very little left as there is no where to display anything. Then with this year. Well I will put out my Nativity Scene and that will be all. I simply can not face the holidays this year. We got even more bad news and hardship dished out to us and no matter how hard I try I just have lost the Christmas Spirit. But I do so still enjoy reading about, and looking at yours and the other bloggers. Puts a smile of remembrance on my face and warms my heart. Despite all we are facing I am not a Scrooge or Grinch...and truly wish everyone a happy , joy filled holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Christmas decorating too!!!!! Glad u are back:O):O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about Christmas too. I have decorated our home, put up our tree and am listening to carols all day! It is my favourite time of the year!

    Best wishes for a lovely week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me excited to begin decorating here! We usually have a slow start, with a little here and there and get the tree up usually mid-December. Since my son is visiting from Iraq in early December, I want him to feel like he isn't missing Christmas, so I've got everything ready to go for this weekend. I can't believe how much I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm... I'm intrigued by the granny craft project. Why haven't I seen this around your house when I've been over? Could it be in the dreaded laundry room? I'll have to do some snooping next time I come over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those Michael's pinecones get me every time! Your being in the mood for Christmas almost gets me in the mood for Christmas....almost because I already am! Yep, me! Though, my Ana won't stand for me decorating before Thanksgiving, she'll be ready to drag it all out on Black Friday - shopping, nah. Decorating, yep! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must confess, while I do not do that extensive of decorating, I do enjoy looking at others decorations! Yours are fabulous! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *love love love it*! I wish I lived at your house! The hubs won't let me start decorating until the first day of Advent. Which is the 27th, anyway, so I'm pretty stoked to get started in JUST A FEW DAYS! Hooooraaay!

    Thanks for all of the inspiration! I love the ornamants in the pine cones. I have both, but haven't ever combined... watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "IT'S NOT EVEN THANKSGIVING, LEANNE!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" Sheesh see I feel like such a lame'o, I can't even get in gear to figure out what to bring to Thanksgiving.
    I love...love ...love the Christmas craft...how stinking cute it that!!??
    Oh and I LOVE YOU TOO BBFF.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, I'm quite certain the Grinch could enter your house and his heart would instantly grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!