Haul out the Holly . . .

Is it too soon?

I know what you're going to tell me . . . you're going to say, "HELL YES, LEANNE!!!"

But, my friends.

I'm in the mood.

For twinkling lights and bells ringing (no, I'm not talking about Marti Gras).

For Bing Crosby and David Bowie.

For ornaments and nut crackers.

For candy canes and fruitcake (blah).

Yes, I need a little Christmas. Right this very minute.

I've been thinking about the holiday because I'm starting to work on my "December Daily 2010" album. You might remember the project I did last year (the 2009 album). Simply put, it's a daily collection of memories and activities during the the Holiday month. You can look back at my posts from last year here and here. The idea originated from Scrapbook guru Ali Edwards (one of my many idols. Link to her site with Q&A about the project by clicking on her name.)

Here are a few shots of my book from last year:


This album has been, by far, one of my very favorite scrapbook projects that I've ever done. We have spent so many times this past year pulling it out and taking a look at it, over and over again.

So, I'm starting to gather pieces for the 2010 album. The idea is to have the whole thing set up and ready before December, so that when the month starts, you can simply add notes and photos to it as the days unfold. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I've also been in the Christmas mood after stumbling upon an awesome blog called "Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive, 365". Since finding it, I spend a number of times each week visiting her site and taking in the spirit of my favorite time of year. No matter what my mood is when I arrive, within seconds I am smiling.

If you need a little Christmas, stop by and share some of Natasha's joy.

Ok, friends. . . that's it for my holiday annoyance this lovely morning. Don't hate me for this post . . . I know this is WAY to early for many of you. Remember ... I'm focused on EMBRACING lately. Let's EMBRACE this one, shall we?

Time to pull out the CD's . . . .
;)



Comments

  1. I'm right there with you! The scrap book is a wonderful idea!! It looks great! You are soooo creative! ::slightly jealous:: :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and will happily embrace this!!! Working on my December Daily too. And I just found the "Sounds of the Season" TV music station is now playing Christmas Tunes! Fa la la la la, la la, la, la....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've gotta start early if you're going to make presents and memories instead of just handing over ye olde credit card! And if you're going to start early, you've gotta have a little mood music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne, you are a riot! I don't think it's too early - I LOVE the idea. I usually have the whole house decorated before Thanksgiving. Good for you!!
    I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SURPRISING ME AND VISITING my site from the NESTWORK. It was a shock - how wonderful to feel special by someone - you and Mama Hen have made my day!
    Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  5. O. M. G. !!!! What a wonderful idea! You know, when the kids were little and I had the privilege of being a full-time stay-at-home-mom, I did scrapbooking faithfully. Now, I have stacks of pictures that will likely never make it into an album, muchless onto pretty pages. But Leanne...this idea is FABULOUS! Get the pages ready BEFORE it's time and then all you have to do is paste 'em on as the days go by...sheer genius! Love it girlfriend!! And love YOU!!! No really...I DO! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scrap books!! Wow Leanne I'm impressed!! I used to scrapbook and still have some unfinished ones to complete.

    I love Christmas music too but I'll be patient and wait until after Thanksgiving, my house is still sporting the Fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your scrap book.. what a fun idea...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still working on trying to "embrace" having to go to work!!! Not sure i'm up for the holiday yet :( LOVE the idea of the album. Your's turned out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am off to check out Natasha's blog. I am sooo excited!

    I LOVE Christmas and I have already been listening to the best music ever! I have two awesome Pandora Stations:)

    It's not too early!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Leanne! You are too funny! Love the Christmas album! Looks so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Christmas, too. It is such a feel good time of the year. Your scrapbook looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you know - we always decorate the weekend following Thanksgiving - but we have already started pulling decorations together and this weekend or next weekend will be up in the attic excited to decorate early - at Christmas for Nana and Papa the preparation is as important as the event and it won't come down till well after New Years - Love it - its exciting, frustrating, compelling, a wonderous transformation of our humble home into a walk in ornament of sight and sound - I think you should start as soon as Phil get's home - even if its just putting out one Christmas item all 4 of you love - why should you be less crazy then us? LOL - love and Christmas spirit to all. . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up!! Talkin' holly with pumpkins and fall-ness as your background!! Okay, I'm on my way over to Natasha's place. And I'm working on a gentle, not so daily, version of December Daily!! How's that for shockers!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. David Bowie? Really? :) JUST KIDDING! I have chestnuts roasting on a open fire as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your book! You're talented!

    and, um, i've been listening to christmas music for a while. it's my happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!