You're Never Fully dressed without a . . . brassiere!

Now that the love of the Thanksgiving Holiday and my weekend anniversary celebration is behind me, it's time to get real with my bloggie friends and share another one of those classic "Leanne Moments". You know the kind, the one that totally shows me in a silly light (usually in the middle of some sort of embarrassing moment, of course.)

Last Wednesday, PG and I were both off of work and decided to take the girls to our neighborhood fitness center for some family fun swimming. Oh, yes . . . the gym . . .  here is where the story takes place.

We were really running late to the open swim hours at the gym (of course), and to help save time when we arrived at the gym, we put our swim suits on at home with our clothes over them. I then threw changes of clothing and shower items for all of us into a bag as we ran out the door and into the car. While driving to the gym, I realized that I forgot to pack my own undies and brassiere to change into after swimming. Really.

PG offered to turn the car around and head back home, but I looked at the clock and knew that if we did go back home, we would be left with less than1 hour of open swim time left once we finally would make it to the gym. So, I told him to keep driving to the gym and I'd be fine.

But in my head, I cringed. Ewwwww.

You see, this girl is not made to go "commando".

No way, no how.

And, as you can see from self photos I've previously posted on this blog, "commando" would not only be really uncomfortable, but it would also be a pretty unflattering position to find myself in. We arrived to the pool in time to have a good hour and a half of swim time in. The girls had a blast, and I put out of my mind the predicament I would soon find myself in, as I enjoyed not only the pool but about 10 minutes of awesome hot tub soaking. Ah . . . it was . . . heavenly.

Afterwards, I quickly gave the girls a shower, blow dried their hair, and then decided it was time to remove the soaking wet swim suit I was in and get myself dressed for the ride home (it was a bitter 29 degrees out at the time, and leaving the club in a wet swim suit was not an option.) So, I took a quick shower, and put on the only clothes I had, minus those really necessary items that I had forgotten. (Ewwwww! I KNOW!! It was AWFUL!!)

My friends . . . there is a reason I wasn't around in the '60s. And those amazing feminists who protested so hard for equality surely would have excused me from any bra burning exercise, had I been involved. 

PG thought the whole thing was pretty hysterical, but he is a man . . . he WOULD find it funny. Me . . . not so much. I was especially mortified blow drying my hair in the family changing room and seeing many families walking in and out as I wiggled and jiggled. (Yes, I jiggle. I'm not proud of it. But I jiggle.) 

The good thing is that I've learned a very valuable lesson here, and think I will be keeping a bag in the back of my car with extra undergarments. I mean, you never know, right? I wonder - is there anything that you carry along, "just in case"? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. Hahaha oh the horror! 29 degrees can make a commando girl perk right up....But I got to hand it to you, you made the sacrifice for the family!!

    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jiggles: And here you give us one more indication of why you are such a great mom! Takin' one for the team!!
    I must say the only thing you will always find in my car is a water bottle...well, MANY (half-filled) water bottles, tossed onto the floor in the back as I replace one in the cup holder. But if I ever get stranded, I'll always have water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flippin'-and-a-Floppin'... Jigglin'-and-a-Gigglin'... nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be terribly uncomfortable, and I don't even had boobs! I bet you raced into the house and changed as soon as you could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should keep a bra or two hanging in your trunk so what when you pop it open you see it--that way you'll remember it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee, hee...that is something I would do then go Why did I forget my bra?!?!! I am a bra kind of girl. I don't have much to put in a bra...but I must wear one. Drives me NUTS without one.

    And what a good Mommy you are to go swimming. I loathe swimming. And I would never go when it is that cold out...you are just an amazing mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear poor you, although You did make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww maaaaannn! That's the worst! But ever since my babies sucked the jiggle right out of me, I just WISH I had some "bounce" left. Anyway, when I was a working girl I used to keep slews of pantyhose in my glove compartment. Nothing worse than a run in your hose! (Except maybe forgetting your undergarments, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious, Leanne. I'm tellin' ya...I was made for the 60's...well, maybe not the no underwear..but I love not wearing a bra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no! haha I can sooo relate to this! Although I haven't been swimming in a while, I had forgotten those things once.. but I just left the swimsuit on and put my clothes over it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I...i....i...i can't comment...I'm laughing my a$$ off here! Jiggle...lol Me too sister me too! I bet it was a little nipply out side...HA HA HA!
    The only thing I keep in the car for just in case is dog poop bags, in case the dog should dodo somewhere when we are out...you see they will shoot you here if you don't clean it up. :)
    P.S. I did that same thing once...its hard to run after kids in the YMCA with your arms folded under your boobies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Leanne..I can only imagine...you poor thing. While I am far from busty, as I tip the scales towards the big 50, I have discovered that not wearing a bra has become less optional. PS. I would have been mortified had I been in that position as well. Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Leanne!!! I'm not a "commando" gal either. These girls are a double D and alllll natural. Your a better Mom than me- I would have turned the car around!! I barely want to "jiggle" at home let alone in public!! What would I do without you to make me smile!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!