Don't hate me because I'm beautiful (or . . . not)

Well, I'm still feeling that awesome Christmas Spirit!!! (I know, I know . . . but, I can't help it!)

After a wonderful weekend with PG home and lots of family time, I've been inspired to start my next holiday project.

Remember my fun crafty project last January? You remember, the one when PG christened me the "Queen of Geritol"? (click on the link to be reminded ... it's a good one!) Anyway, I am feeling in that "geritol mood" again. So, I've come up with a perfect little project to start on that is sure to bring even more Geritol comments my way.  I won't give it all away (just yet). I'll share only a few parts of it. It starts with this . . .


 Then, you add a little of this . . .
And in the end, I'm sure to have something spectacular!! Maybe the tissue will come out of the chimney this time. . . . Ooooooooo! Could you imagine??

Do you remember those Pantene commercials in the '80s? The "Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful" commercials? Well, I've decided my new holiday project slogan is going to be:

"Don't hate me because I . . . I . . . plastic . . . canvas." (Eee gads!!!!) Oh, and remember - I do this because of fond memories I have of my dearest Grandma Josephine. So, it's not all bad!

Hang in there with me, you KNOW I'll share my finished project with you! And when I do - you'll be KNOCKING DOWN MY DOOR just begging me to make one for you!!!

;)

So, have you started anything craft project recently? What are you waiting for?

Comments

  1. You're a busy one!! I knew a 'old' lady who used to make all kinds of things out of those same materials. Kleenex box holders, calendars, etc...

    As for me, I quilt.....humm, that kinda ages me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo! I love the start of a good project! Can't wait to see the final project! You make me want to start a crafts project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see what this will be. I am finishing up a crochet baby blanket and also have in progress another afghan that resembles the magnolia flower. I need more yarn to finish that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see!!

    Also, I just picked you for an award, 'cause your blog always makes me smile :) pick it up on my blog! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your crafty goodness. I am finishing up my canvas and trying to get brave enough to share on my Blog. I think I'll create a cute Christmas journal, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo.. if I were near by.. and.. we met up on a Saturday... I would probably pour a glass of red wine and make snide remarks as you worked dilligently on your plastic canvas project. But then, as I went back to my other friends, I would share what my dear sweet friend, Leanne - the plastic canvas granny - was doing, and I would say it with true pride. You really are too sweet for words!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - I want this plastic canvas granny art to ROCK. Seriously - make it edgy. I don't care if you have to use day-glo yarn or fringe the ends. Make it rock! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plastic canvas? That's what it's really called?! Wow, that's really lacking in creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how much fun it that! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) Oh and you are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK OK - I know I tease you Leanne - but your art boxes are cute! Liz, I agree there should be a better name and, I only know this because I quilt (and I'm 'older') but Bargello, which has been around since around 1700's was and traditionally still uses a "cloth canvas" and is a needlework textile art. I believe it actually went crazy in the 1950's with the plastic canvas craze - so, Leanne, if you want to call it "50's Retro Bargello" I think you could get away with it and, there are wonderful artful examples of Bargello all over needlework and quilting sites -- might inspire you . . .
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm... so am I getting one as a Christmas gift? Can't wait to see it, you old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me and sewing crafts are two words that do not go together, just enjoy seeing what others produce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok, now you have provoked my curiosity, anxious to see what you are up to...
    your blog is always so cheery and energetic, i love it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!