Dear Black Friday Shoppers,

Wow. That sure was interesting, wasn't it?

I had never gone through a Black Friday shopping experience before, and after this years little adventure, I would venture to say that I will, most likely, not go through one again. It's not that it was terrible, but it was interesting, wasn't it? 

For those of you who decided to travel to my neighborhood Target at 3:30AM this morning . . . have your legs warmed up yet? Yikes . . . so many of you were prepared with blankets, gloves and mittens. Me? Not so much. But, wasn't it nice of those unidentifiable people to offer Starbucks coffee to everyone? Was it just me, or did you think at any point that perhaps it wasn't Starbucks coffee? ;) 

To those people who stood in line for hours and hours and made it to get the LCD Flat Screen T.V. on sale for $298 - call me if you have an extra (we really wanted one.) But, if you happened to be one of the few who snuck in the side door of the store at 4:00AM when it opened (without waiting in line with all the others), may your indigestion from your Thanksgiving dinner sneak up on YOU for a few more days (that wasn't very nice of you.)

To the very nice lady who stood behind us in line and conversed for 40 minutes before the store opened, I hope you were able to find your GPS system. And to the lovely lady in the checkout line in front of us, who let us rest a larger boxed gift in her shopping cart (because mine was completely full) . . . THANK YOU.

To Santa, we did quite well and have a number of goodies for Katie and Ella, including loads of books, PJ's and games. Oh, and the Disney Princess dollies and Disney Princess kitchen (because, you know, we are all about Disney here.) We'll ship everything to the North Pole next week so you can deliver back to us in a few weeks.

And to Katie who said, "Aren't you lucky that you don't have to spend any money on gifts because Santa brings them for us?", I simply say, "Yes, Honey. I am SO lucky. And I hope you stay this way forever."

Happy Christmas Shopping Season dear friends!

With Love,
Leanne

Comments

  1. wow! So glad that you had a good black Friday experience. I have only gone on one occasion. Last year when my daughter was down for Thanksgiving. I can't say that I will ever go again. Like you...not that it was a bad experience, but it is just not my cup of tea! Love your Christmas header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bit of an adventure....glad you got some gift shopping done. I just hate sales crowds! Our big sales start the day after Christmas, but no way am I queuing up in the early hours.... I just catch the bargains online :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like fun...NOT... The only black friday I ever crawled my butt out of bed before the sun came up for was 2 years ago when my dear friend Emily MADE me go with her, I almost freaked out in the middle of Walmart and ran out the door..I couldn't breath and had a major Hot flash! But Emily's super loud voice snaped me out of it..."Don't pass in the middle of Walmart Michelle you dork, You'll never live it down, I'll take photos and post them on facebook." It was fun because of her I made it but Never again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - OMG - did you really!!??? - brought back memories of Kathy Savaglio and me on our first (and for me, only) Black Friday Frenzy almost 20 years ago . . .
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Kristin bought that same Disney Princess set. They are darling!!!

    It was waaaaay too crazy for me, too. I waited in line at Kohl's for over an hour and a half!!!!!! I am soooo happy though as Santa is bringing us a Wii!!!

    You are a good writer...have I ever told you that;) Love ya', Leanne!!!!

    Les

    PS...I picked this same background for my blog then changed it to the bird one...great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a brave and wonderful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?!? How did people sneak into Target?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!