Van Gogh has left the Building

Is it really Sunday night already? The thought of starting another week has left a pit in my stomach. But I refuse to give in to the fear, and am putting 'positive' out there. This is going to be a better week. Yes, it is. (How's that, PK?)

Although, my Ellie is sick . . . has been fighting something for way too long, and I fear it has grabbed a hold of her. Runny nose, watery eyes, and coughing coughing coughing. Nebulizer treatments are not helping. Over the counter meds are not helping. And this evening . . . fever. So, a trip to our trusty pediatrician is in store for tomorrow. Poor thing. . . :(

Even though she isn't feeling 100%, she still put on the biggest smile while playing "Vanna White" and holding up my final masterpiece yesterday. Here is the final gift for the recent additions to the world (our friends twins, Addison and Joseph):

If you missed my post from a few days ago, this is a little baby gift I have been working on for dear friends of ours who gave birth to twins a couple of weeks ago. I decided to make a special gift for them (instead of opting for the standard baby sort of presents). I think this was a selfish gift, as painting always soothes my soul. And I sure needed some soothing this week.

My favorite part is the really cool giraffe ribbon I glued along the edge of the canvas . . . 
I think it really ties it all together, don't you think? 

PG will deliver the gifts to our friends within the next few days, and I am so happy to have done this for them.  I hope it will bring as much joy to Addison and Joseph as it brought to me while painting it. And I thank you for allowing me to share in the project with you. Maybe this will be my next million dollar idea, huh? (Remember those? Click here to be reminded.) We shall see! ;)

Now that I've cleaned my brushes and put away my paints, I'm back to my Holiday Plastic Canvas project! Yes, I'm a regular Martha Stewart these days (hmmm . . . does Martha Stewart do plastic canvas? I'm not so sure. It seems too tacky for her, huh? Maybe my people should call her people and share my projects with her. Oh, wait. I don't have any people. Ah, well. Maybe next time!)

How about you? Have you been inspired to start anything creative lately? I'd love to know about it, so leave me a comment and share.

Here is a little inspiration, from Mr. Van Gogh himself . . .  
"Happiness... it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."
- Vincent Van Gogh

Have a wonderful week, dear friends. Hope you find something to bring your soul great joy this week.

Comments

  1. Wow. They turned out SO well. You have something to be positive about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures turned out terrific! Love the ribbon! Now, tell me again what you are making me for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the paintings!! And the ribbon is perfect! LOVE the positive energy you're putting out to the Universe!! Hmmmm, maybe a lesson from EB? Put on a smile and all will be better, sooner.
    As for me, I have been creating...but I can't share the deets yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful paintings, Leanne!! You did this all out of your head, right? I mean no pattern? Girl, I am IMPRESSED!:) I think your friends will cherish those for a lifetime. I know I would.

    I am loving your Christmas themed blog. I have been thinking I need this, too!!

    Miss, Ellie....GET WELL, SWEETIE!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end product is fantastic! Well done! Lucky friends getting that gift :)

    Hope Ellie gets better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those paintings are amazing! You are a pro! And that ribbon is the perfect final touch.

    I hope Ellie gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out absolutely precious!!! LOVE THEM! The ribbon is a perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! You're friend is going to LOVE your gift and all the love you put into making them. The ribbon is the perfect finishing touch!

    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. leanne, those are so adorable!!!
    the ribbon totally ties it all together...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so stinking cute! Them are some lucky twins, what a joy :) Hope your baby girl if feeling better! Can't wait to see your Christmas crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. Your new Christmas header is super fun...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LEANNE!!!! Yes..that's me screaming your name! I love these. Just so very adorable! What a talent you have!! I'm sure your friends will treasure these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those turned out AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess the only thing that I feel creative about lately ... is.. well... hmm.. maybe just cooking. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out so great! And, inexplicably, the very sight of them brought tears to my eyes. I think it was the homemadeness of them. I do love a homemade gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You. Are. Amazing. That is all....gorgeous, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!