I'm only Human

Last week, Katie came home from school with a lovely little prize she received after participating in a fundraiser at her school. I’ve seen these things before, but never really paid much attention to them. Ella loved it the moment she saw it … the colors, the shapes, the fact that it fit so perfectly in her hand, AND the fact that she could take it apart. The minute she grabbed it from Katie, she did just that . . . and I had WWIII in our house. Katie was so upset with her little sister (the same little sister whose hand she held so lovingly in the photo I shared with you yesterday). It was a rough afternoon.

Wanting to restore peace to our home as soon as possible . . . I sat down at the kitchen table to repair the damage done. Ella realized that her sister was quite upset with her, and reassured her, “Don’t worry, Katie. Mommy will fix it.” Oh, great. Thanks for the added pressure. Now I’ve got that to live up to. Hmmmm . . .

For 1 hour straight I adjusted and finagled, I plotted and planned, I turned and tucked . . . but I could not get the darn thing back together.

Now, I know I’ve told you before - I really am a smart woman. Thursday afternoon I sat at my kitchen table trying to solve this dilemma while quietly reminding myself that I own a home. I have a car, and I drive said car. I work hard at solving the national debt of our checkbook month after month. I actually GAVE BIRTH to two people. I am smart. I can do this. This darn thing was NOT going to bring me down.

And after TWO hours passed . . . . I realized . . . . . it won.

So, I went over to my handy dandy computer and brought up the handy dandy “Google” and did the only thing I could imagine; I asked Google to help me put it back together.

What is IT? You ask . . . well, IT is this . . .
Honestly . . . have you ever seen these darn puzzle erasers? Seriously . . . you have to get this . . .
to this . . .
It’s not as easy as it looks. And don't let it fool you ... you'd think those numbers are on there as some sort of hint for assembling. Guess what? THEY'RE NOT! They mean absolutely nothing to each other. So, yes, it's not as easy as it looks, at all!

But, don’t worry. Handy Dandy Google can help with just about any dilemma one encounters. SO, 2 hours and 1 minute later, the puzzle was back together and peace was restored in our home. And today . . . the puzzle sits on top of my refrigerator as a gentle reminder that yes, I am human after all.

Comments

  1. Oh God, I am horrible at spatial stuff. Please, let no child of mine bring that home!

    Love your spooky background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you googled the answer to this one. And sorry if I took you down the wrong road telling you that the numbers were the key. Oh well, live and learn, via Google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE GOOGLE!!! Thats worse than the Rubics Cube!!! Glad my boys will not be bringing that home(teens)whew!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I am impressed. I am terrible at puzzles and things like that. I can only imagine the chaos that ensued after the little one ripped it apart! Reminds me of the time I had a little doll house, and my younger sister was jealous - so she decided to rid the cardboard backing off of it.. yep. Was never the same. There was nothing they could do. (Later, she ended up gettin the Barbie Townhouse, and I decided to "destroy" the elevator in it.) Not my finer moment, but it served as a great reminder, two can play at that game. hahahaa. Oh.. sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, my dear, are a genius and a good mother too. I would have offered each kid 20.00 to forget about the entire incident.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have got so flustered I probably would have thrown the darn thing away!!! You are a good, good Mommy!!

    I am home and finally catching up. I will get back to all your wonderful posts this week!!

    Missed ya':)

    Les

    PS...the new blog look is darling....love all the photos up top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! I could never attempt that puzzle and would never have thought of googling it. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never before have I seen such an intriguing contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may say you're only human, but with Google, we become SUPERhuman!!! Y'done good there, Mommy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! All I can say is that I am glad that you were the one who had to put it together and not me! I have a hard enough time with a rubix cube!...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I have not seen these but I CAN tell you that if it came through my front door, I wouldn't be able to put it back together without Google's help!

    Crazy thing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny, Leeanne. Kudos to you! I have also struggled with those eraser puzzles - but I gave up on mine and told the girls they would just have to use the erasers on their own. I had a similar WW11 moment in my house yesterday with playdough- My Katie has such a hard time not being able to do everything her older sister can do. I know how she feels because I'm a younger sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is SO funny!
    I mean I am so sorry! ;)
    visiting from Liz's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go banana Go
    Go banana Go
    Go banana, go banana, go banana, go..

    Lean it to the left
    lean it to the right

    peel your banana and umph..
    take a bite!!

    That was me performing a little cheer for my friend Leanne as she conquers the great feats of motherhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love your new blog look....super fun! Good for you...not letting that toy get the best of you. My 5 year old is always asking me to get him to the next leave on his DS...I just send him to his big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I would be lost without Google :0 That 'toy' looks wicked. I probably would have thrown it against the wall a few times! Glad you got it back together...see you are superwoman! LOVE your new banner and spooky background. Cute cute cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!