Just life . . . today

I've had a headache today. All.day.long. One of those “I wish I didn’t have to work today and could just lay my head down for the next 5 hours” kind of headaches. It’s probably because I stayed up until 1:30AM watching CNN, and then woke up at 5:30AM to start the day. This is my body’s way of saying, “HELLO!! You NEED to go to sleep earlier!!! We don’t like it when you keep us up so late.” Ah, well.

Driving to work this morning, I took my lovely favorite road. I wrote about it a while ago (click here to be reminded). Here’s a picture of it this morning . . .
Yes, things are changing here in Chicago. The wind is blowing and leaves are falling all over the place, and I’m ready to hunker down for the winter (I know, crazy, isn’t it?) My neighbors laugh at me this time of year, as I diligently work at pulling out tomato plants and sunflowers, cutting down hostas and lilies, and putting lawn furniture away for the winter. I’m definitely closing up shop . . . and I love this time of year. Although today, my head hurts.

PG has been out of town this week . . . and after his phone call about LOVE earlier in the week, I’m missing him. I’m using my “Amore” cup every morning (remember that post?). I want my family near, the fireplace on, and a good ol’fashioned movie on the TV, like The Little Princess with Shirley Temple. I love that movie. I think it’s the perfect time to introduce my girls to little Shirley Temple. Looks like I’ve just come up with our Friday Night Movie. Yes, that sounds like a lovely plan.

I’m not feeling very creative this month. I’ve developed about 180 photos from our Disney trip that are waiting to be turned into scrapbooking masterpieces. But right now, I’d much rather snuggle on the couch and take a nap.

That’s about all. No inspiration, no creative thoughts, nothing passionate or thrilling. Just life . . .today. It's Quiet. Calm. Gentle. Good. (Headache, and all.)

How’s your life?

Comments

  1. And THAT is why I had a post on the contents of my purse. Same thing - I have NOTHING. Though, I am purchasing a new camera tomorrow.. things could get interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would LOVE driving down that street too. Hunkering down with the family sounds mighty good to me too except it was 90 here today. I'm so ready for Fall. I want to snuggle in front of the fire:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definite sleep issues and I always get those "I didn't get enough sleep" headaches... which pretty much suck and I haven't found anything that takes them away except time. Hope you're feeling better.

    Motivation has been a problem for me too. Not sure if it's the season changing (though you're probably a little further into Fall than we are here in Maryland) or just my crazy schedule. The good thing is I've been doing a lot of fun stuff I just haven't felt like writing about! I'm just thankful it's Friday. Hopefully for you that'll mean PG gets home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis - you gotta get motivated for our gathering with the Cellar Chicks at the Scrapbook Cellar next week! I say hold off on Disney, and go for something Christmasy -- that's what I'm doing. Oh, and CT is promising to make us Wookie Cookies (all I can say is wait and see on this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne I sure hope your headache goes away! Man I hate those things. What a grand idea to watch Shirley Temple with the girls, I used to watch all her movies when I was young. Loved her!

    I have a book idea for you. I saw this over at a friends blog. It's called the Big Red Holy Bible by Thomas Nelson it's for children 6-12. It has great pictures and is easy to read. It might be a nice place to start when introducing God to the girls.

    Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had hoped that driving along that beautiful road helped blow the cobwebs and therefore your headache away but it doesn't sound like it. Hope you feel revived for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the headache...sometimes those darn things go on for hours. Ugh. But the picture is incredible!! Beautiful fall colors.

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny this is my favorite time of year and the worst time for my allergies and headaches! Hope your day got better. You really do all that yard work? Oy....if you get bored, wanna come over and do mine?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!