Sharing a Special Moment

I feel most blessed in this life of mine when I am witness to a special moment shared between my daughters. It's one of those occasions when an exchange of pure kindness is happening between the two of them, and they have absolutely no idea that I am watching them. I find that I wish the clock would stop, for as long as possible, during moment like this. I feel peace. I feel good. Ahhh . . . it's like heaven. 

I caught one of these moments on Saturday, during our visit to the apple orchard. The girls were waiting in line for their turn at the pony rides, and I turned towards them to find them holding hands. I quickly grabbed my camera and took a photo . . .

They held on to each other for a few minutes, before one of them became interested in something and let go. But for these few moments, I watched them. And my heart was full.

Watching them stand there, holding each others hands, and knowing that they were doing that on their own . . . was as good as the first sip of coffee in the morning, or when you first lay on your bed with clean sheets after a long hard day.

Yes, Life is Good.

Comments

  1. I love those moments. They keep me going on tough days!

    sorry I haven't been by in awhile...that blog challenge was all consuming. Hoping to be over a little more often now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe.....that indeed is total sweetness and so happy for you that you captured it for all time! Those are indeed the moments that fill our hearts! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - beautiful - slightly poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moments like these are one of the special joys of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is little I pray more fervantly about than a strong, wonderful friendship between my girls. I know exactly how you feel to see them loving each other- there's just nothing sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moments like those are SO special. How wonderful that you had your camera to capture your moment! :)
    Big Fat Mama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne I love this post! That is so beautiful! I know what you mean when there is a moment of kindness that is not coaxed. Tonight Little Chick got really fussy at dinnertime. She was so exhausted all day. The Mono is really taking the energy out of my little one. When she was falling asleep she said, "Mommy, I am sorry I was not listening at dinner." I wanted to cry, because she was fussy because of being sick. I tried to explain that to her but she is so sweet, she wanted to make me feel better. I love that litle girl more than anything! Great post my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah...that warms my heart, Leanne. I just love watching sibling love!! I found my six year old tying my five year olds shoes the other day...mind you, he had just learned how himself. So very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, you hit the nail on the head. There is nothing sweeter than seeing your children show kindness and affection toward each other. That is such a sweet picture. I love how you captured it both in picture and in words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that photo! Makes me think of my sister, and wish we lived closer. I'm certainly going to have to call her tomorrow, just because of your post. Thanks so much for the reminder of how special family is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the sweetest thing ever and I love how you put it into words lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!