Sometimes . . . all you need is Love

Thank you, to each of you, for the most wonderful support a girl could ask for. For your understanding, for your concern, for your suggestions, and for your friendships. I am blessed to have each of you stop by and read my words and be such a dear part of my life.


Yesterday, I received a phone call from my oldest and dearest friend who (after reading my rather pathetic blog post about blahblahblah) insisted on coming over, picking up the girls after school today and keeping them overnight, just so I could do exactly what I wished . . . rest. And, I let her. I say "I let her" . . . because letting go of the guilt and recognizing that I am really not  a 'superwoman' is a hard thing for me to do. But, I did it. And I have to tell  you . . . I feel really good about it. 

So tonight, I'll be doing just that. And . . . just maybe . . . I'll . . .
  • listen to quiet hum of the dishwasher as it cleans my dishes 
  • pick up that book "The Help" mom gave me months ago and finally start reading it
  • pour a glass of wine and cuddle up on the couch with Mr. Big (Sex and the City 2 is available through Pay-Per-View)
  • enjoy the peace and absence of Super Mario from my life for the next 24 hours
  • relish in the fact that I won't have to pick up a single silly band for the next 1,440 minutes
  • listen to the beat of my heart for the next 86,400 seconds, until "MOMMY! We're home!" returns
  • smile . . . . for a long long time . . . . knowing that I am surround by love
Thanks again, dear friends.

I'll be back soon.

Comments

  1. Go do your vegging out, and we'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...listen to the beat of your heart! I like that!! What a wonderful way to feel like you've meditated!
    RE: The Help - 'tis a good read. Enjoy.
    Have a wonderful, guilt-free 24 hours.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful friend you have! Enjoy your peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you have someone close by that could rescue you for just a bit! That is a really good friend! Oh and as I was reading your blog, I sat back for just a minute and said...NO way! I actually have the book "The Help" right here on my desk. I picked it up a couple of days ago at a thrift store here in town! How ironic is that? Hope you get some much needed R&R and that you are feeling better soon! Hugs & Love...Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. always behind on my posts. I'm guessing I missed one. Glad you have someone like that in your life that can give you the well deserved break that you need! ;) P.S. those silly bands make GREAT ponytail holders when you can't find a rubber band ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, we all just need to be. And be just for ourselves, not everyone else that needs us! Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to say I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! It took a lot of courage and a little bit of swallowing your pride to accept your friend's help. Rest, relax, be a bum and enjoy every minute of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHH - great minds think alike! ;-) Check out my post. Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A true friend who realised you needed some me time. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had the best night ever. we can all use a bit of TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy and take care of yourself! I just returned home from Alabama where my daughter has been suffering from pneumonia. She's healthy, young (29), and, like you, lives her life with gusto. It took a bad cheese danish, hours of throwing up, and aspiration into her lungs to put her in the hospital. Her determination to get back home to her three little girls is what kept her from what the doctor told her that she had been on the verge of an induced coma and a couple of months on a breathing machine. She is fine now (but has been given instructions to take it easy for a while). So, please take those well-deserved times off! Annie
    p.s. While I was there, I was introduced to silly bands -- the girls loved wearing as many as possible at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO happy for you! Enjoy your down time! Let's hear it for your friend too! What a dear. Does she need any more friends? In say, the mid-Michigan area? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you finally got a well deserved night to relax Leanne. I hope things get better from here. You're lucky to have such an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yipee for Leanne....that is exactly what you needed. Hope the quiet was "divine"!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!