When the Going Gets Tough

My dear, dear friends . . . I'm drained.
Photo from Google image search of
"Maverick" roller coaster in Cedar Point.
I'm tired.
I'm stressed.
I'm stuffy (my head and chest).
I'm cranky.

I'm feeling like all of life around me just jumped on a big ol' high speed roller coaster and I am standing in line waiting for it to stop, yelling, "SLOW DOWN. STOP. WAIT A MINUTE."

And I hate it.

Shall I go on?

No, I don't think so. That was enough, wasn't it?

Maybe it's all the 'NyQuil' that has brought this little bought of negativity out of me. NyQuil has been my friend the last few nights, as I've done just about anything to get a few good hours of sleep in.

I've caught some sort of a bug that has found its way to my head, chest, joints, you name it . . . the bug found it. (My ears are popping as I type. Not fun!) Unfortunately, I'm not able to get much of the rest I so desire this week, as meetings at school, church and work are just a few of the required items of living needing attention. (Oh, and making Halloween treat bags AND coming up the with very best non-food related "Guess the Gross" game items for Kate's classroom party.)

But in the middle of that, this afternoon I had the sinking feeling that everything was moving just way too fast. PG is more "out-of-town" than "in" for the next 10 days, and I think I'm anticipating a rough ride in his absence. What I really want to do is have a really quiet house for one evening, take a long bubble bath, throw on some comfy PJ's, curl up on the couch with my laptop, and read blog after blog of inspiration written by all of you.

But I fear a moment like that is far far away So, I ask you to bare with me as my comments may be few and far between the next few days. I am going to try and nurse myself back to better health as soon as I possibly can, and while I'm at it - I think I am in need of one of my own "Get Out of Crankville" Cards. Hmmmmm....

What do you do when life just won't slow down?

How do you find that zen feeling?

Leave me a comment, I'd love to know. (And I promise I'll reply as soon as I can!)

Comments

  1. Ah..I was thinking the whole time I was reading that you needed a "get out of cranksville" card!! And then you mentioned it at the end!!

    But seriously, I'm so sorry you are sick. Especially on such an overwhelming, busy week.
    Hope you feel better soon. Even just a few hours of relaxation and quiet can do a body good...can you get at least a few?? Light a candle, listen to some lovely music...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leanne, I hope you feel better really soon. Take your time and take care of yourself. I felt this way last week although lucky I was not sick just on the fast track for sure.

    The weekend always brings respite. You're almost there...go take that bath if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Poor you! Everything seems so much more daunting when you're unwell, even things that you would just take in your stride. Hope you feel much better soon.
    Bubble baths should be available on doctor's prescription as they beat most cold remedies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... you sure it's not post nasal drip?? Okay, just kidding!! I do hope you feel better soon!
    Dr. Peg says to think about how wonderful you'll feel taking the time to pamper yourself, let the girls know that the three of you are in need of pampering one night that Daddy's gone, and move toward making it happen (you know KJ will be totally on board with that). Forget the rough ride. Ask for the girls' help in making it a smooth ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ya', sweetie. I knew something was up...not many posts and no Leanne on my blog or elswhere...seriously I have been thinking about you all week. I was gonna e-mail...wish I would have:)

    Anyways, when I am so drained I can't go on and I am living smack dab in the center of Crankville I put on my jammies, I grab my fave blankie and my pillow and plop on the couch and just veg. I watch all the Law and Order' I can stand {which is like 24}, I drink hot herbal tea, I watch a fve movie...I REST. So dearie dew TRY and rest. I know it's hard with Halloween...but try for awhile!!

    Hugs,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need chicken soup and peppermint tea -- they cure everything, even bad moods! Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon!! Sit outside and breathe the air in(i know ur stuffy) but just getting some air will help:O)Lots of Hugs:O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon, Leanne! As for me, I eat dessert when I feel that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear Leanne.. i hope you feel better soon.Hugs, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe....sweet Leanne...I hope you get back to feeling like your old self soon! You are truly missed, but I totally understand that "make the world" stop when you are feeling bad! We need to make that bug go away! Hugs my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon, it stinks to be sick I know it! I suggest letting your girls pamper you for a little while. Allow them to be little mothers for you and it not only gives you some time for a little rest, but teaches them to care and think of others who might be suffering around them. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh snot! Sure hope you are back to your self real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nooo... Get well soon. :-) I think we do need to exchange numbers and commiserate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ms. Leanne...so sorry to hear you're sick. I thought maybe you were busy with life and then too exhausted to blog...which is what usually happens to me. As for when life starts to get the best of me...I fake it 'til I make it - well, most of the time...sometimes I go ahead and wallow in selfpity for a bit. But when I'm doing the fake it 'til I make it thing, at least I'm more focused on the positive things. Eventually I really DO make it! Rest and get better so we can hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sugar Plum! Things will look MUCH better in the morning! Betty's prescription is to get a good night's sleep, breathe deep. All is well. We'll see you when we see you on our blogs. Don't worry about it! We just want our Leanne to be happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there! I usually drink a bottle of wine, which makes things better but leaves me with a terrible hang over. Not reccomended. Wrapping up in a blanket on the couch for some day time television is a good second choice. I hope you feel better!

    -Lady Fromage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear you are feeling so grotty, sending get better soon vibes your way, meanwhile Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear in your more recent post that someone rescued you from a miserable evening!! Hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!