10 Reasons Why I Am Angry at My Smoke Detector

Ok, before any one tells me that I need to understand the importance a smoke detector, I want to tell you that I do, really, LOVE and APPRECIATE my smoke detector. I do, in fact, realize the importance of it's role in my home and life. I am very grateful that I have this amazing electronic device that is there to detect a fire, and alarm us. I do. And I pray to the Lord above that it will never need to do such a thing. However, the purpose of this particular post is to simply have a little fun and share with you all why today, this particular day, I am mad at my smoke detector. So, allow me, if you will, to tell my smoke detector why I am angry.

Dear Mr. Smoke Detector,

I am mad at you. Very mad at you. I am made at you . . .

10. Because yesterday you had all day long to let me know your battery was running low . . . but you decided to wait until 5AM today to start chirping like a bird and tell me.

9. Because I just stopped blogging and writing at 1:30AM the night before, so (do the math) I really just slept 3.5 hours when you decided to start your chirping.

8. Because PG had just left for work when you decided to start your chirping.

7. Because I dropped my glasses on the floor and then stepped on them as I tried to find them, at 5 in the MORNING, when you decided to start your chirping.

6. Because yesterday was the ONE DAY I did NOT have to work. Therefore, yesterday I was going sleep in, until you decided to start your chirping.

5. Because after I finally brought the ladder in and changed your battery and put the ladder away and got  back in bed, and got comfy . . .  you decided (only then) that I was supposed hit the RESET button. Therefore, you decided to chirp, again.

4. Because you made me go BACK into the garage and get the ladder and hit the reset button ... for a long time ... while you let out one constant CHHIRRRRRRPPPPPPPP.

3. Because after your "ReSet CHHIRRRRPPPPPPPPP" you woke my 3 year old.

2. Because I had to BEG my 3 year old to go back to bed and sleep, all because you decided to chirp.

1. And, again, because you decided to do all of this . . . at 5 AM.

So, Mr. Smoke Detector, I am mad at you. I love you. But I am mad at you.

CHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Comments

  1. hilarious. Why IS IT that those dang things never go off unless it's a completely odd and unbearable hour??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, Leanne. That is Hell.
    I once had an alarm that chirped - I could not reach it (lived alone - really high ceilings - no ladder) - i threw shoes at it until it broke it.

    Yeah.. stupid of me.. but I was able to sleep after that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours goes off almost everytime we cook ... annoying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! what a great way to start a long weekend. To funny! Mine goes off every time I open the oven, its like the worst dinner bell ever. Hope you get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, Leanne...let's remember what the fire department tells us. Change your smoke detector battery when you change your clocks (Seems like the waste of a perfectly good half charged battery if you ask me)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new party header! Visiting from LBS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, that annoying chirping!! It must be how a dog whistle sounds to a dog.....

    I suppose I would love my smoke detector if it really detected some smoke and saved our lives. But this hasn't happened and I don't want to jinx myself and my family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I'm sort of sorry I'm laughing!! ;) My crazy mother in law couldn't figure out what the chirping was for several days. I actually had to drive 20 minutes to find out it was the friggen battery in her smoke detector!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!